Old Benelli mini bike or dirt bike...what to do with it? [pics]

I don't really know what it is. I'm ready to take it to the scrap heap. However, I don't want to do that if someone needs parts off of it. I thought I would start here to see if you guys can help.

Second one I've ever seen and the total opposite of the first, the other one was like new and priced at $2000 which seemed like a lot but I'm no Italian bike guy so it could have been a deal. The only other Benelli I have seen was the Buzzer which is a strange looking machine and more like a minibike.

joshua. c.

the bike looks mostly complete and there probably arn't alot of them around. it might be worth finding someonewho wants to restore and selling it to him. its definetly worth more than the scrap price. does the engine still turn?

markus

If it helps any, the name of that bike was the "mini Enduro" 65cc. I wonder if the super cooling head would squeeze onto a Dynamo chassis, its the same engine.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if the engine turns over or not. The kickstart lever is missing and the back wheel doesn't roll.

I'd like to find that person that is working on one of these and could use the parts, but I'm not sure where. And there's only so much effort I'm willing to put into it. I might throw up a CL ad just for the heck of it. If no activity after a week, I'll let it go.

Anybody who knows those bikes... It is scrap basically accept for a the head that was mentioned...and possibly a couple other misc parts. It would cost several thousand dollars to restore that....and it is only worth possibly 400-500 when done. And considering it would take a very long time to collect everything needed....and time is money. Notice the missing kickstart lever...the bent up shifter lever...and the fact it looks like it was picked out of a lake so the tank is possible a rust breeding ground. Or the fact the carb and other parts were stripped from it. So seems like it is most likely locked up or severe shift issues at least. So the guy is very realistic with his offer of "possible parts" or "scrap".

you probably could have got about 300 for it honestly. benelli bikes are getting rarer by the day.

sorry guys but whoever said scrap it needs a good dope slap. I know folks that would buy it just to hang on their freakin wall. hell i would hang it up too.

scrappers have ruined vintage collecting....

you probably could have got about 300 for it honestly. benelli bikes are getting rarer by the day.

sorry guys but whoever said scrap it needs a good dope slap. I know folks that would buy it just to hang on their freakin wall. hell i would hang it up too.

Obviously you have no real clue....50 was a gift. I have followed them for years and the prices...300....seems if you would pay that..you need dope slapped. Cause the last several full "really restorable" bikes couldn't get 300. And this gem couldn't pull 150 when listed on here. Facts are facts....I just keep it real..not fairy tale land.

yeah well we said the same about the car guys,when the collectors got into it,us average guys couldnt afford to do cars anymore.

as far as scrapping,ive done my fair share,over 5000 vehicles so far,and usually something like he showed would have been saved.
if we had found that IN the scrapyard,ida bought it n brought it home.
rust or no rust,that was a cool piece.:thumbsup:

at least you Saved it Op,no matter what condition it was.
good job.:scooter:

Obviously you have no real clue....50 was a gift. I have followed them for years and the prices...300....seems if you would pay that..you need dope slapped. Cause the last several full "really restorable" bikes couldn't get 300. And this gem couldn't pull 150 when listed on here. Facts are facts....I just keep it real..not fairy tale land.
did i say I would pay 300 for it? heck no, i said he could GET 300 for it. might not be for it whole either. maybe 300 parted out. might take a while, but i could see it bringing that. i sold a 70cc indian dirtbike motor that didnt look like it would be worth anything but a display piece (which is how i found it) it sold on ebay and got shipped to canadia.

YOU might not think its worth more, but believe me, to SOMEONE its worth it.

another case in point, i was given a rough looking zuki lt160. not worth fixing by any means. started looking up sold parts on ebay, its worth about 600 in pieces. all together it was only worth giving away

as ludacris said, rust or no rust thats a cool piece. my neighbor buddy has an even older benelli moped that has the most beautiful body lines, beautiful engine.... is it worth restoring? probably not the rust is quite extensive... but ive offered to buy it from him several times and he wont sell it. it would be beautiful hanging on a wall.

some folks just dont understand.... :doah:

i'm glad someone saved it, heck $50. give it to a kid and let him tear into it for experience and let them try to fix it up . and even if it doesn't run it will give them a challenge.:scooter:

did i say I would pay 300 for it? heck no, i said he could GET 300 for it. might not be for it whole either. maybe 300 parted out. might take a while, but i could see it bringing that. i sold a 70cc indian dirtbike motor that didnt look like it would be worth anything but a display piece (which is how i found it) it sold on ebay and got shipped to canadia.

YOU might not think its worth more, but believe me, to SOMEONE its worth it.

another case in point, i was given a rough looking zuki lt160. not worth fixing by any means. started looking up sold parts on ebay, its worth about 600 in pieces. all together it was only worth giving away

as ludacris said, rust or no rust thats a cool piece. my neighbor buddy has an even older benelli moped that has the most beautiful body lines, beautiful engine.... is it worth restoring? probably not the rust is quite extensive... but ive offered to buy it from him several times and he wont sell it. it would be beautiful hanging on a wall.

some folks just dont understand.... :doah:
Some folks don't understand...stupid prices are fading. People can hype a bike up all they want...but scrap..is scrap.And mini bike prices are on a steady decline. And you missed the most important part...he was fishing for offers basically or there would have been a price on here. Like his statement said.."done and done".

You can spend your days tracking minibike prices worried they are falling or you can get to work building something badass that someone WILL pay your times worth of making it badass. Case in point. American resoration. Is the show half bs? Yeah! But do people overpay to get their childhood relics back to shiney new? Seems so. And american pickers aint doin bad either and mike is often buying roached out stuff that he says he wouldnt even restore or even sometimes clean, just hang it up as the beautiful art that it is.

Scrap to you, rusty gold to me. My "scrap" was interesting enough to get me on destination America. Hell i had to teach those california greenhorns how the hell bartering and picking worked! I ripped the director off sold him a nascar autographed t shirt in a fancy case just to prove to him he had no idea what he was doing (if you didnt know non big name signed shirts arent worth crap) and he laughed and started listening to what the hell i was trying to teach him. I make my buisness by getting things people think are junk for cheap and making into something someone is ready to fork over good money for quality work so dont tell me i dont know what im talking about sir.

Last edited:
So basically it has taking you all these posts to say.."there is an @ss for every seat". And also tells your character if you can pray on the weak and unknowing. Congrats...
But the amount of people stupid enough to fork over money for scrap minis....is fading. I guess some people just don't get it. Cause this is a hobby I seen rise a couple times....and fall. There is no hype or phrase like "rare" you can say to change that.:hammer:

well..shit..
he lost me at ripped off and greedy...till then i was following along.

im in this to share what i find,maybe save some stuff from gettin lost forever.
if i wanted to make stupid money all my junk would be on evilbay,but its not.
im really glad i found this forum,because not only will they tell you how to and what to do,they also look out for our best interests as well.
:bowdown: