Old Ratty Ruttman Judge 1 Hr. Build

Woke up to this...
One hour later I was riding :biggrin: {though with NO brakes:laugh:} Rides NICE too with a low, wide, stretched out stance.

Last edited:
Just installed a clutch brake and re-installed the seat it came with {more like a mattress!}. Added some foot pegs too. I'd say I'm pretty much done. Maybe I'll buy a used starter assembly someday {anyone have one?}. The Honda starts first pull and runs smooth. The bike handles and steers great, and now it stops on a dime. It is officially my ride it anytime/anywhere, and no need to wipe it off when I'm done bike! :laugh:

Last edited:
Just installed a clutch brake and re-installed the seat it came with {more like a mattress!}. Added some foot pegs too. I'd say I'm pretty much done. Maybe I'll buy a used starter assembly someday {anyone have one?}. The Honda starts first pull and runs silky smooth. The bike handles and steers great, and now it stops on a dime. It is officially my ride it anytime/anywhere, and no need to wipe it off when I'm done bike! :laugh:
Nice quick build . Takes me for ever just to make a roller :laugh:, Mr.G back yard always has such nice mini pictures , Want me to send u my fleet so u can take me some nice photos :smile:

Pulled the Honda GX110 and put something a bit more appropriate in the Judge. My Dad passed away in 2003, and though I haven't had much cause to use it, I've held onto the Ariens snow blower he purchased new in appx. 1971. Lots of great memories in that old Ariens, and during the Blizzard of 78 I made a TON of $ thanks to Dad!!! Now, it'll keep rolling {just a little faster!}.

...... I've held onto the Ariens snow blower he purchased new in appx. 1971. Lots of great memories in that old Ariens, and during the Blizzard of 78 I made a TON of $ thanks to Dad!!! Now, it'll keep rolling {just a little faster!}.
Wow...my dad bought the exact snowblower in the exact same year...exact exact ,exact...(he added the 110v electric start later). I know that machine like the back of my hand!!! By 12 years old I could pull that thing down to nuts and bolts and put it all back together again...... I replaced the rubber drive wheel inside when I was that age. You take out those two big bolts just behind the chute and the machine would sort of fold open in half to service it. I used to plow the whole neighborhood just because it was fun to use and I'd make some coin. We kept that machine for 40 years...always stored in the garage.... lots of great memories attached to it. I must have replaced 100 shear pins in that thing over the years on the front auger and the chute fan.... About 20 years ago the bottom wear pads and the sheetmetal wore right off the front so I repaired it and welded up some new skids in the old EXXOn weld shop. A few years ago my mom passed away, we sold the house, and I had no place to store it so I gave it to a friend.....he left it outside uncovered until it rusted away. Last year I started thinking it would be neat to get the Tecumseh off it and put it in a mini bike so I could carry on the memory of my Dad...but he wouldn't give it back.

Should have never let it go....:sad:

Last edited:
Wow...my dad bought the exact snowblower in the exact same year...exact exact ,exact...(he added the 110v electric start later). I know that machine like the back of my hand!!!Should have never let it go....:sad:
No kidding! Too bad you can't get the engine back. The Ariens was a great machine and ate as much snow as you could put in front of it with ease!

Last edited: