OOoo What Fun..

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500

An the Tank does not even have a spot of rust, Go Figure.

I Replaced the bowl, cleaned the high speed jet and lubed the float.

Fired right up but, surges at idle. More cleaning to do.

OR where do I get a Carb for a 3hp TEC??

I bought a $20 eBay Tec carb last year for my H50, no problem.

I just bought one for my new to me H50. after a day gas started leaking bad from the area between the bowl and the carb body when the bike was tipped on its side. I took the bowl in my hand and turned it just a little bit and I did not force it, gas now came out faster when tipped.
I grabbed a box wrench and checked to see if the jet body that holds the bowl on was loose. it turned and promptly squeezed the gasket between the jet body and bowl into nothing and the gas came pouring out.
I had a Tec rebuild kit that didn't work on the old carb so I used the bowl and jet gaskets and the old bowl on the new carb and it was fine.

The H50 and HS50 carbs are a little different but not that much. Might be the same manufacturer?

markus

I bought a $20 eBay Tec carb last year for my H50, no problem.

I just bought one for my new to me H50. after a day gas started leaking bad from the area between the bowl and the carb body when the bike was tipped on its side. I took the bowl in my hand and turned it just a little bit and I did not force it, gas now came out faster when tipped.
I grabbed a box wrench and checked to see if the jet body that holds the bowl on was loose. it turned and promptly squeezed the gasket between the jet body and bowl into nothing and the gas came pouring out.
I had a Tec rebuild kit that didn't work on the old carb so I used the bowl and jet gaskets and the old bowl on the new carb and it was fine.

The H50 and HS50 carbs are a little different but not that much. Might be the same manufacturer?

thats the Chinese calling card. I just finished an engine yesterday, I decided to pick up a brand new carb for it...that was a mistake. I guess if you buy the cheap carb you may as well pickup a gasket set for it too unless you dont mind the bowl leaking. I should have taken it apart beforehand but I got in a rush and just checked that the bowl was tight out of the box :doah:

ran it in a little yesterday afternoon (to be fair though it does run good) and found a drip this AM, and all the paint blowing out on the bowl since it crept under the paint at the lip :censure:

Kinda blows, while did have some issues with the paint due to the extreme humidity where having right now it still came out pretty decent and was hoping to be done with it today....not gonna happen!!!

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
To Date, I have gotten 8 China carbs off e-bay an only one had a leak at the bowl jet.

An that was the o-ring installed very poorly. Easy fix. However, The way the carbs are listed is confusing.

The Larger carbs were easy but, the smaller bore 3HP carb is not that easy. An for some reason cost more.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Tecumseh Type Carburetor;

Small carb with adjustable jets Best price so far :E-bay # 201369089737

Larger Carb with adjustable jets THE BEST Price : E-bay # 251975593860

From the what its worth dept ...

My Tec H50 has the fuel inlet facing to the right like the eBay pics your directing us to..

The HS50 carb will have the fuel inlet at 90 degrees facing forward ....

You can see in this pic of my HS50 how I bought the H50 carb and had to adapt it ...

How ever the eBay carb for the HS50 doesn't have an adjustable jet in the bottom of the bowl.