Oops, I did it again...Brought home another DB30S (New Project)

noseoil

Look like they would be good on asphalt depending on the rubber compound, not so good on hard dirt & really nasty on wet grass or mud!

Daniel Coop

Look like they would be good on asphalt depending on the rubber compound, not so good on hard dirt & really nasty on wet grass or mud!
Like most my bikes, this one is for the streets... I have a Serengeti Badger I'll be turning into a bad ass trail bike at some point soon. Considering that one for next year's Build-Off.

Daniel Coop

Both my grips from eBay, and my custom seat cover from Etsy showed up today. The fuschia naugahyde material wasn't available through this seller, so I chose s simple black tuck and roll pattern with purple piping.
I also mounted the chrome rear fender and sprocket adapter from OldMiniBikes.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Chrome front fender, (also from OldMiniBikes) notched, drilled and mounted with 10.9 grade metric bolts, spacers and chrome bullet acorn nuts.
Swapped out rear hardware to match front.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

With the seat finished, the rolling chassis is done, minus brake. Waiting on hydraulic brake, engine adapter plate and clutch guard from Hotrodminibikes. OldMiniBikes's hydraulic brake system was out of stock and I prefer the PMR adapter plate for it's supplied hardware. Their clutch cover is also choice. I also have a 61t skip tooth sprocket coming from BMI Karts.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Was surprised by a package on my front porch this afternoon. Was my shipment from Hotrodminibikes... Managed to get the motor mounted between jobs this evening and figured I'd post a little sneak peek. Will post a couple more tomorrow once I modify a Max Torque clutch, cut some spacers to mount my hydraulic brake caliper and route my cables/wires and hose. Then all that's left is to finish the drive system.
I'm really liking this one! I believe I managed to add some old school American flair to this new(ish) school Chinese mini. I'd think any old-school mini fan would be proud to ride this bike. But then again, who knows...some of the vintage guys can be such haters. Lol

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Wow....amazing build dude! That color combo has me drooling.
Thanks man... Pimpin ain't easy. Lol! DB's are kinda my jam! Looks like you've got the beginnings of a fun DB project too. That neon green DB seems to be one of the harder colors to find.(at least in my parts) The answers to the questions in your thread can all be found in this thread or one of my others, such as "O.d.b.", "Po' White Trash payoff test ride", or, "This ain't a Baja, but it is Chinese", or "Gabrielle's G-Thang Motovox MBX10" in the 2017 OldMiniBikes Build-Off
Here's a few more pics of my still unfinished DB. I still have a few more touches to bring it all together.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Looks sweet..nice job..:thumbsup:
Appreciate it!

In an attempt to be thrifty and make use of unused stuff I already have, I decided to modify and use the Max Torque 12t clutch I exchanged for a 14t on my buddy's "O.d.b.".

The clutch drum had seen better days, and like usual, I wanted to improve performance and play around with gearing a little...
So I ordered up a new 13t clutch drum/sprocket and a "black" (3100 RPM stall) spring for it from OldMiniBikes.
The shoes appeared to be reusable so with a little bit of a struggle, I got it back together with the new, much stiffer spring.
With the bushing lightly lubed with 30w, this freshened and modified clutch is ready to install,
along with the 61t Tuck & Run split sprocket and of course RLV gold chain.

I also cut spacers to line up the new hydraulic brake on the rotor perfectly
Got the brake system finalized and added a clamp to route my brake line just over the recoil starter. The brake line was now a little short with the ape hangers and not long enough to run along the bottom of the frame.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

L.B.A. (Little Bad Ass) header from GokartsUSA
But it doesn't exactly fit without modification...
It sounds just as good as it looks...

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Not wanting a bright red sprocket sticking out like a sore thumb, I googled black split sprockets and cam across these Tuck and Run skip tooth sprockets. These are supposed to be low drag racing sprockets and it was the color I was looking for, so I ordered up a 61 tooth count sprocket. After installing it along with grade 8 hardware, I lined up some RLV gold chain, only to realize the RLV side exit "candy cane" header now hit the frame and wouldn't allow me to get the chain straight. Luckily I was able to switch it out with the RLV 3 stage under-seat exit header from my Easyrider. That pipe fits that bike beautifully.The chain was then a little close for comfort to the chrome fender, so I trimmed the fender to alleviate the situation.
I fired the Hemi for the first time since the 4th of July rebuild this morning. Seemed to run nicely and had a really snappy throttle response. I will be taking it out tomorrow to meet up with my local mini bike group for a little pay-off, but plan to pin stripe the bike and add a couple last minute touches.

Daniel Coop

Like you said, "pimpin' ain't easy!" :D
You god damn right homie... But it sure is fun.
Had a little pay-off ride this weekend with the Denver Mini Bike group. 10 miles after just buttoning it up, the bike performed flawlessly and again was the fastest out that day. The modified Max Torque clutch hits pretty hard now and even up against a couple of mildly modded GX200's (one with a Tillotson) my home built Predator handily walked on them all. Pretty damn proud of this bike and it's a keeper fo-sho...I might have a new personal favorite.

Will try to post some video tomorrow or the next day. I need a GoPro...

Tastey set of bikes..:thumbsup: ...glad winter soon here, I'll have money to spend..I'm in habernation till then..I'll tinker a bit..buy a bike..maybe two..:laugh: