Oops, I did it again...Brought home another DB30S (New Project)

Daniel Coop

So after roaching a stock rod already you wanna do it again?
BSP3 cam is nearly identical to the CL2 with a max RPM around 6500RPM. I'm​ not running ratio rockers, so I believe I will be fine. I also don't believe NR would sell a ticking time bomb, offering it as such.
So I assume you're suggesting the Hemi? Thanks...lol

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Isn't that a stock rod max?
No...That's definitely debatable and depending​ on various circumstances but it's argued a stock rod is good for up to 6700 RPM. I don't even think the governor kicks in on a stock motor until around 4300-4500RPM. Im definitely sold on the billet rod for anything over 6500 RPM

Last edited:

Davis

Well I just read your other thread on your greyhound seems you already know it's a ticking time bomb so we will wait for your post when you blow this one up.

Daniel Coop

Well, alrighty then Captain Bring Down! Be sure to post it so you can get your kicks. The Grayhound I blew up had the CL3 cam that's now in my Hemi Predator that's capable of around 6900RPM. The point is, I knew I could blow that one up, and didn't care too much... It's already been replaced with one that won't blow up. Like I said in that thread, I ain't scared of trying and sometimes failing. Didn't your momma teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Daniel Coop

I bought the assembled short block before blowing up my Grayhound, and like I said... Still ain't scared. It should be fine with that camshaft provided I didn't use ratio rockers, and I didn't... My daughter's GX200 has it's stock rod also with the new design CL1 and 1.2 ratio rockers. It's also got a milled and ported head and big bore carburetor. It has been great. Plenty of hours on it so far, and I am constantly at full song on that bike. It's consistently above 6000 RPM

But I have already decided to use the Hemi for this project, and it's got all the billet stuff...
So you can stop hating. Lol

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Front, lowered, chrome fender mocked up. Got a larger chrome fender coming for the rear. Will be breaking down for powder coating today. Just going gloss black on the frame.

Daniel Coop

So, I had dropped off my frame at my powder coater Friday only to realize that I had forgotten to drill out the new motor mounting holes. Luckily they hadn't gotten to it yet so instead of drilling through fresh powder coating, I picked it up and partially disassembled my Po' White Trash DB to steal it's​ motor adapter plate to drill out the other frame.
While I had it back, I decided to cut off and remove the chain guard mounts. Not planning to use one anyway, it was something I should have done on my white bike too.
Back to the powder coater.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Got it back from the powder coater today. The picture doesn't do it much justice, but it looks great. First one I've done in gloss, I dig it. It looks wet.

Last edited:

SAS289

I was checking out this thread and on post #12 I see you are using Champion rockers. The way those are designed it seems to me that a guide plate is no longer needed. Do you know for sure the guide plate is needed?

Daniel Coop

I was told by my engine builder buddy to re-use the stock guide plate with those rockers, but I have since decided to use my Hemi Predator for this build and will use that box stock clone motor on another future project.

Last edited: