Overall decent shape?

Mine has the rivet holes, but when cleaning up to paint, I was checking it out and it looked like there had never been a tag riveted to it. They may have made a change in production. It would make more sense to make one style frame and offer options to make it 2 different models and save lots of production costs, which comes off the bottom line profit.

That said, anybody who hacks up a collectible bike is only making the others we might already have worth more. Perhaps if some good judgement was exercised, we wouldn't see animosity between the hacker modifiers and the restorer collectors. There's room for both, but it's just plain rude to act in a way that purposefully offends others. Therapy may be neccessary...
I have to disagree, too many bikes are getting parted out on E-bay as it is and there is ZERO room for some dumb ass hacker who cuts a rare frame just to fit a engine. THEY need the therapy and so do those who think the more bikes get hacked the better! :eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut:

Boxed and shipped

It was boxed and shipped just like I told the guy it could be done. He's happy, I'm happy, I got the UPS tracking number. Can't wait to unhack it and see if I can complete an undetectable repair... It was hacked over 10 years ago to fit the Briggs cause of Tecumseconomics. How many Bonanza Chopper restorations are currently underway? Bayareaburrito has one, Annoyed another, somebody else right near him in NY or NJ, and there's a frame and fork still "in play" on Ebay.

Hey maybe we should organize and informal project log competition similar to MBOTM. We could do a best start to finish Bonanza mini-chopper restoration in under 6 months. Kind of like the Food channels' cook off, but it's online judged by photo's and or how problems are solved. Perhaps different recognition for cheapest out the door, or furthest into the grave save. Or best at fulfilling stated purpose, father son project, or show quality restoration, or fastest rider, etc. ...just a thought.

Sorry to see so much tension still between GTO and TBlumer...I must have missed some ship go down in the past. This site is a great place to inform people what might be rare, but not provide appraisal or be for profit. I like what Hent said. Seems to me this site does a good job of encouraging restoration, and respect if one is going to modify.

Good job marksteinhilber. I was going to get it as it would been easy for me to pick it up, but I thought about it too long. To buy all them parts indiviually would cost way more than the asking price and like you said that frame modification is an easy fix. As for people harassing an ebay seller over their acutions because they don't want to buy the item, leave them alone, that's just rude.
Not harassing them about the condition - Just their opinion of "overall decent shape"

"Overall decent" shape doesn't cover "butchered" in my dictionary. :thefinger:

Anyways, just messing with you.

BTW, I'm not disputing the value of the parts or the task of repairing the bike. Just having some fun.

I brought a frame back to life that had been butchered similarly and is now in my buddy's collection:

Here's a butchered Bonanza chopper that was done semigracefully, and we put in tons of miles on with a couple years of drunken memories, so I decided to do it up as is.

Also a before pic

Here's a butchered Bonanza chopper that was done semigracefully, and we put in tons of miles on with a couple years of drunken memories, so I decided to do it up as is.

Also a before pic
I thought that was a stock bike, forget the name but remember the funky frame.

I thought that was a stock bike, forget the name but remember the funky frame.
Nope, it's a Bonanza. Look at the key areas of the frame like the axle tabs,footpegs, brace up by the head stock, engine plate, etc. It's on Minidoodle under "Mystery Chopper"

I never knew what it was until I got my other Bonanza chopper and had them side by side.

You're thinking of a Thomas Wacky Chopper...