Overall decent shape?

Nope, it's a Bonanza. Look at the key areas of the frame like the axle tabs,footpegs, brace up by the head stock, engine plate, etc. It's on Minidoodle under "Mystery Chopper"

I never knew what it was until I got my other Bonanza chopper and had them side by side.

You're thinking of a Thomas Wacky Chopper...
Yeah, and I've seen yours there too. Weird! that took more time and effort and all to fit a briggs. :doah: I would have left it too since it would be a pain bring ing it back.

look how you reacted when you thought someone called you out on it. your a big man behind that keyboard. sad little man in real life.

I'll pull one of your classic (albeit lame) image searches

"Duh, I got you a lifetime subscription, duh."

None of the ones I've had have had them...or the holes for the rivets for that matter.
My bad. Please forgive my ignorance.:thefinger: Probably hack holes or mudflap mounts.:thefinger: I think they were doing PCP when they built Bonanzas. Not 100 percent consistency on anything about them. Mine has holes where some of the other models came with a Bonanza tag. No jackshaft, and round holes in the sissybar mount at the rear axle. Another one I was going to buy had slotted holes there, and no holes on the front of the engine plate, and no gas tank mount. Some Tecumseh ones had jackshafts, some not.????????
Educate me Oh Great One.

Last edited:
I have a CR500 and it has a Bonanza ID tag riveted to the front of the engine plate, same place as on my MX1510. I have another roller CR500 (?) with the same type of ID tag. My CR400 has a flat engine plate, not boxed like the other two, and it does not have a tag or any other number that I can find. Just thought I would ad some confusion to the issue.

My bad. Please forgive my ignorance.:thefinger: Probably hack holes or mudflap mounts.:thefinger: I think they were doing PCP when they built Bonanzas. Not 100 percent consistency on anything about them. Mine has holes where some of the other models came with a Bonanza tag. No jackshaft, and round holes in the sissybar mount at the rear axle. Another one I was going to buy had slotted holes there, and no holes on the front of the engine plate, and no gas tank mount. Some Tecumseh ones had jackshafts, some not.????????
Educate me Oh Great One.
Just adding info. Now go straighten out your panties :thefinger:

look how you reacted when you thought someone called you out on it. your a big man behind that keyboard. sad little man in real life.

I'll pull one of your classic (albeit lame) image searches

"Duh, I got you a lifetime subscription, duh."
Any time any place Chimp. My reaction was asking for FACTS and none where delivered. You are a hack just trying to deflect the facts. :thumbsup:

Not harassing them about the condition - Just their opinion of "overall decent shape"

"Overall decent" shape doesn't cover "butchered" in my dictionary. :thefinger:

Anyways, just messing with you.
I'm fine, it's all just for fun anyway, but will explain my thoughts on it.
I've been watching for a Bonanza mini chopper for many years hoping to get one without paying show bike prices and they just don't go up for sale around here. This one looked looked fairly complete and my interpretation of "overall decent shape" was: forks not bent, seat & sissy bar there, original wheels are on it, etc. The frame was definitely hacked but not butchered. Butchered is very difficult if not imposible to repair. The hack job on this frame looked like an easy repair for me. I'm not promoting hacking a vintage bike but It's probably only way I'll be able to buy a Bonanza chopper with my mini bike mad money alotment. Dang, I wish I would have bought it.:doah:
Oh, the harassing comment was my reaction to the growing trend on this board where sellers on ebay and CL are attacked via emails by members of our forum as way to show off to their buddys. I saw it starting to happen on this auction and thought it was uncalled for. I guess it's fun for some people, and some of the sellers probably deserve it, but on this bike the guy buying it got a decent deal and the seller didn't put it at $2000 buy it now. Straight from my dictionary.:smile:

Just adding info. Now go straighten out your panties :thefinger:
My panties are fine. It's the Bonanza builders who were twisted.:wink: Seems to me that you could piece mill a Bonanza together with parts that were used by bonanza on different models, and it would be hard to tell if it was original or not. It seems like when they ran out of one thing, they just grabbed what they had and kept on building. Maybe they took lessons from Henry Ford????

Last edited:
That's for sure Jim. Dave Miller told me that they built all kinds of wierd stuff. And you have to figure that lots of bikes got built and passed around that were never meant to be sold to the public. They were racers and enthusiasts, so from what he says they played around with all kinds of stuff.

...and you know I was just messing with you.