painted the DB and stuck a different engine in it

strigoi
See what you started! Putting a Briggs engine in a db is kinda like the cheap guy I know that painted the pinstriping on his hot rod rather than buying expensive decals from Pep Boys.
:laugh:

it should have a modded GX160 in it by next weekend. this was just a temporary thing so i could ride it this weekend. :thefinger:

what do you mean "we"? you're the one that came in here and started shit. since you are the one with the problem why not stay out of the DB and clone sections or just keep your mouth shut if you can't be nice about it.

If it means anything,I have seen this exact thing at the scooter sites between the new plastic auto's and the old school 2-stroke guy's.I guess some things never change,at least not with new vs old.Hey I kinda enjoy the boxing match but just a minute.I have to pop some corn.he he

PS-Life is to short,REMEMBER?

check this post out \/

Sometimes you have to settle for an antique until a quality clone is available.
i gotta admit i did start this by coming and posting in here but.... its not the bike with the briggs that i didnt like it was the above disrespectful post!

oldminibikes.com is the one providing you the forum isnt it?

If it means anything,I have seen this exact thing at the scooter sites between the new plastic auto's and the old school 2-stroke guy's.I guess some things never change,at least not with new vs old.Hey I kinda enjoy the boxing match but just a minute.I have to pop some corn.he he

PS-Life is to short,REMEMBER?
that's very true! I guess were never going to solve our never-ending battle old vs new :eek:ut:

that's very true! I guess were never going to solve our never-ending battle old vs new :eek:ut:
Ill probably get kicked for this but oh well. If you :asshole:'s would shut up everything would be fine. Ok I refined it 4 times before I posted it.

BoooHoooo somebody on the internet has an opinion. Build a bridge and get over it. Ok people the wreck is over stop rubber necking.

Everybody says HENT this and that. Well he saw need for this forum area and here it is. Now go play in your area. We are in ours....

Last edited:
Hey the bike looks good and is going to look nice with the Honda back in it. (red and black engine maybe?) :thumbsup:
i should have the GX160 together either tomorrow or wednesday. at least it will have a proper engine in it and be fast again. :thefinger:

the GX will be all black with some red showing through on the chips. that t-handle i got from cjtmini hahahahaed up the paint on the housing (that's why he sold it to me and i don't care about the chips). :laugh:

is it a clone or honda now? the only clone parts left are the head, coil, blower housing/recoil. everything else is aftermarket or Honda.

i should have the GX160 together either tomorrow or wednesday. at least it will have a proper engine in it and be fast again. :thefinger:

the GX will be all black with some red showing through on the chips. that t-handle i got from cjtmini hahahahaed up the paint on the housing (that's why he sold it to me and i don't care about the chips). :laugh:

is it a clone or honda now? the only clone parts left are the head, coil, blower housing/recoil. everything else is aftermarket or Honda.
Doodles look better with clones and Hondas and what else do you do with clones? :thefinger:

When you have some $$ Take a I/C briggs down to MDB and have him do some magic then see what that light little engine can do. :thumbsup: (you won't have to spend much and go all out either) OR buy a race ready on E-bay for $300

Doodles look better with clones and Hondas and what else do you do with clones? :thefinger:
stick them in vintage frames to piss you guys off. :thefinger:

GTO said:
When you have some $$ Take a I/C briggs down to MDB and have him do some magic then see what that light little engine can do. :thumbsup: (you won't have to spend much and go all out either) OR buy a race ready on E-bay for $300
i'd love to have him build me an engine but don't have the money for that right now.

i was bullshitting with the guy i picked up the Briggs and GX120 from this weekend and he said he's talked to MDB a few times (i guess MDB was going to buy some stuff from him). he's on the kart boards but it still cracked me up. it's a small world when it comes to this stuff. he had 5 karts in his work shop (that i saw) and a bunch of heavily modded GX390s and some GX270s. he also had some 2-strokes for them as well.

good job :thumbsup:(obviously I like red and black on a db) I think the eninge in it now looks great something different from everyone elses and and it goes with the old school theme with the red and black( even though its on a db

Striogi,

Get back to work and quit whining. You are the last person on earth I would expect to say, "I don't have the money." When we want something bad enough, we find the money!

If moving set you back, I know it did for me also, create something everybody needs! Find a nitch. Give a hand to a youngin and see how the reward's follow. I am very happy your around! Now, you big novice "Capitalist" find $1000.00 dollars and take it away from someone who believe's you can make something out of nothing. Create a company that produces the finest American mini bike on this earth and take the money away from the China and Japan. If I hear you whine again, tears will fall from my eyes down my face onto my chest, as I have the greatest respect for a very few of you, Toms Props, follows you, then a few other's like CJTMINI. The rest of you are lazy and ask the same questions over and over!

Rant over! Like Moe Howard said; GET BUSY!

TT out!

quality clone????? are you serious? buddy look at the name of this website! look who your messing with! Show some respect! Briggs engines are quality (USA!) and can produce alot of HP when you do it right i have seen briggs engines out-run clones many times! I will never run a clone on a bike unless its the real thing>honda and on another side briggs engines are much more simple and WAYYYYY easier to work on in my experiences! dont say its bad just because it old! please take another look at the name of this website and show us some respect!!!
sorry to bring this back up but WTF?!?