PIctures of my Allis Chalmers #5 trail bike

Hi all,

Here's my Allis Chalmers with a 5 horse Tecumseh. It runs great! And is only missing the rear taillight lense. The lights work too. I am wondering if the little tailpipe is stock or not. If it's not, someone sure did a good job of fitting it to make it look that way. It even has the Indian head carlisle tires.

It is going to get a full resto.

Rock-ola

Yes. that bike is awesome. My best friend growing up had a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd generation AC dealership. We used to do laps around that place like wild men and then when a customer would show up his grandfather would give us a each a .22 with shorts and have use shot the pigeons in the shop. LOL nowadays that would be child abuse........:doah: It certainly deserves the "Full Treatment"

On a side note I always had either has a honda 50 or a gokart to ride. I'm not talking around the house, Even though Dad actually built use kids a MX track in the back yard. I'm mean we had a real track. Some day Ill find the pics and put them up; but we would ride into the store 3 0r 4 country miles to pick up gum or soda. Candy, ciggs for mom, what ever. Hell I would pull right into a parking space at Fersters Meat Market and go in and shop? We also did ALOT of fishing. Never I problem. That I remember? Maybe dad remembers some, but I dont',, He used to get pissed at some of our roadtrips but we never got killed or hurt to bad so it was ok. And a few times he did take our stuff for a few days to prove he was the boss.
Very Good Times. I so happy you got that bike, There a few around, Mostly you will see Montgomery Wards, Then Gibson's" The accallly maker of them all" And Allice Chammbers. In that order. There seem to be very, very few A/C bikes and that just makes sense because of the amount of retailing each did. But please take photos' of your work. I know I have a lot of wards photos, scooterboy has a lot, Steve durmhan has a bunch Delray and Injuntom Also, so look through out albums for photos. And I fogot my Dad wayne, He has a bunch under wards showinging your exhaust. It sure is nice to see your's going back together.
Randy

Last edited:
So, have any of you guys who have one of these ever had the decals reproduced? The one that goes on the engine cover is missing as is the one on the front fender. All of them will need to be removed in order to rechrome & repaint anyway. Just wondering about your luck with having this done.

As to my user name GTO....It's the same company...But, I just collect the Jukes!

So, have any of you guys who have one of these ever had the decals reproduced? The one that goes on the engine cover is missing as is the one on the front fender. All of them will need to be removed in order to rechrome & repaint anyway. Just wondering about your luck with having this done.

I have had some luck using a weather-proof vinylized paper from Office Max.

If you can find the artwork in electronic form (such as a JPG picture) it can then be printed using a color laser printer (Kinkos). I have has one on my car for over a year and it is holding up well.

There are repro decals for AC tractors. Don't know of any for Tecumseh.

OldMan

If I hadn't spent so much time as a "kid" cranking on my Dad's Allis Chalmers tractor, I could really appreciate that old bike... not to mention changing implements... Dad's orange beast was made before Ford's 3-point hitch was universal!

If I hadn't spent so much time as a "kid" cranking on my Dad's Allis Chalmers tractor, I could really appreciate that old bike... not to mention changing implements... Dad's orange beast was made before Ford's 3-point hitch was universal!
Same here Old Man. My father had a Model C. Bad day when it backfired while cranking, flips a 10 yr old on his butt.

OK, another Question for those of you who have one of these or (same mfg) but, different paint.....There are two small holes, evenly spaced, at the bottom of both the front and back fenders...Did these things have some sort of little rubber mud flap when new or, did somebody along the way just drill some holes? I can't tell if they are supposed to be there or not!

Yeah, GTO I know all about that addiction thing. I'm a car collector (who lives in the country) So, I needed a tractor for a few things (guess what color it is) Of course each make of tractor has lots of different models...........How many do I need when my building is already full of cars???.....So, I ran across the A/C bike (smaller than having another D-17 in the garage) But, now I want a terra tiger too!!! ( I think that's the proper name)

Rock-ola

OK, another Question for those of you who have one of these or (same mfg) but, different paint.....There are two small holes, evenly spaced, at the bottom of both the front and back fenders...Did these things have some sort of little rubber mud flap when new or, did somebody along the way just drill some holes? I can't tell if they are supposed to be there or not!

Rock-ola
Hmmmmm....Thats interesting, the fenders my wards bike only has one hole, and it is at the bottom and in the middle. (it looks to me that they used the same fenders for front and rear, and they just flipped them around, as the hole on my rear fender is in the front and used with the mount bracket.