play in TAV30 driven pulley

Hi - new to the forum - recently obtained a pair of Trail Sport minis w/3.5 hp Tecumseh engines that had been stored for a number of years, and fixing one up for my son for Christmas - the torque converter has some play in the rear pulley, the bearings etc. all seem good but it is loose where it mounts to the plate so the whole thing moves...about 1/8" of play at the outer edge of the pulley. Is this typical, fixable...the rest of the unit looks like I could clean it up and it should function. Thanks for any help!

Thank you buckeye, the link was very useful - and timely since I have the thing apart! It looks to me like the sleeve for the jackshaft and bearings is pressed into the mounting plate but has come loose. I am going to try a few spot welds to hold it in place.

Here are a couple pics. I am trying to salvage the Comet TAV (I had no idea those things were so expensive!) by cleaning off some surface rust; will go with the lube that buckeye pointed me to - you can see the weld to firm up the sleeve. I have not messed with any minibikes since I was a kid, I think I might be hooked on a new hobby and I only got these yesterday. Need to teach my son to tinker with stuff...