Please Help

Mr.Mini

I just bought a Baja mini MB200 sunday and it was running great, key word was. I took it out in the mud yesterday and rode it pretty hard. After a few hours it just cut off. I left it alone over night and took it out today. It starts right up but when you switch it to ride and pull the throttle it cuts off. And not when I pull the throttle on choke it goes but just hardly. Maybe 3-5 mph. Anyone have this problem or could anyone tell me what's going on? I have no idea and I only had it 4 days :confused: Please Help. Thank you!!

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.:thumbsup:

This is gonna be a project.:laugh:

What have you checked or you just want to know where to start?

You seem to have spark, as it runs for a little bit.

Gas, but not enough, maybe??

Clutch may have filled with mud??

I bet it's carb related but, hey, I just post a lot. :laugh:
Stick around. There are a few folks who know a little somethin sbout these things.:thumbsup:

Mr.Mini

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.:thumbsup:

This is gonna be a project.:laugh:

What have you checked or you just want to know where to start?

You seem to have spark, as it runs for a little bit.

Gas, but not enough, maybe??

Clutch may have filled with mud??

I bet it's carb related but, hey, I just post a lot. :laugh:
Stick around. There are a few folks who know a little somethin sbout these things.:thumbsup:

Uea man i need to know where to start really. I filled the gas before I took it out today and took the throttle apart earlier. The wire slipped off I had to set it back. If it was the carb what should I do? Could it be the fuel line? It only dies when I switch from choke to run and pull the throttle. Thanks

Mr.Mini

was your mb200 brand new or used?
Its used but the guy I got it from is a family friend, older guy he only used it to go back and forth to the pots at bike week. He never took it on trails or rode it other than that. He had bought it new last year.

Replace the carb..common problem on those. Or like mentioned clean it very well. I generally just replace it because they aren't that much money.

Ive had similar problems such as yours and most of the time they were carb related. Trash and/or sludge buildup in the mid and/or main circuit of the carb may be causing these exact problems. So like everyone states, it probably would be a good place to start. Purchasing a new carb for $25 isn't a bad idea but that takes the learning aspect out of it. Taking the carb off the engine and performing a thorough cleaning with carb cleaner and basic tools is a skill that is valuable many times over.

The video above is great showing you were the carb is on the engine. To really learn about the three circuits of your carb and how to clean them I would suggest first downloading from Honda's website the Carb Check Sheet for the GX series. This shows you visually what each area does and which areas may be affected depending on the problem. Than search for youtube videos on properly disassembling and cleaning these carbs.

On a side note, I always use a gas additive such as Seafoam which helps with varnish and moisture in gas which accumulates after sitting for a long time. Small engine carbs are very sensitive.

Ive had similar problems such as yours and most of the time they were carb related. Trash and/or sludge buildup in the mid and/or main circuit of the carb may be causing these exact problems. So like everyone states, it probably would be a good place to start. Purchasing a new carb for $25 isn't a bad idea but that takes the learning aspect out of it. Taking the carb off the engine and performing a thorough cleaning with carb cleaner and basic tools is a skill that is valuable many times over.

The video above is great showing you were the carb is on the engine. To really learn about the three circuits of your carb and how to clean them I would suggest first downloading from Honda's website the Carb Check Sheet for the GX series. This shows you visually what each area does and which areas may be affected depending on the problem. Than search for youtube videos on properly disassembling and cleaning these carbs.

On a side note, I always use a gas additive such as Seafoam which helps with varnish and moisture in gas which accumulates after sitting for a long time. Small engine carbs are very sensitive.

I think I may buy one just to be safe but try taking this one apart. Thanks for the advice bro big help.

george3

I just bought a Baja mini MB200 sunday and it was running great, key word was. I took it out in the mud yesterday and rode it pretty hard. After a few hours it just cut off. I left it alone over night and took it out today. It starts right up but when you switch it to ride and pull the throttle it cuts off. And not when I pull the throttle on choke it goes but just hardly. Maybe 3-5 mph. Anyone have this problem or could anyone tell me what's going on? I have no idea and I only had it 4 days :confused: Please Help. Thank you!!
How did you wash it? Is there mud under the large pull start housing? Maybe on the coil? If you pressure washed it It might have water where the plug wire connects. the wire unscrews from the plug cap and also the plug wire unscrews from the coil. I went mud rideing and had a simular prob. I found out the wire that screwed into the coil had water in it. I dried it out with a compressor and fired rite up. Pissed me off I went through everything and found something like that.

I have the carb off. Now I can't figure out how to take it apart. Not a single screw on it. What the hell. I can't find a video with this kind of carb. What do I do?