Plumbers help!

Ok I have like a wash tub in my shop but its built in the floor so I can remove the pipes

So anyways I was able to get a mcdonalds bag out been down there over 9 months

And there is a sludge most likley paper but smells like a nasty poo

So I tried to use the shop vac but no go some stuff but not alot. tried a snake and no go!

So should what should I try first before calling plumber

how bout the powered version of the snake rentable at HD, was about 50$ for 4 hours!

Gotta get some space in the line even before you'd pour in some cleaner!

Yukky, I just ate

When you said you used a shop vacuum. I assume you were using it in the suction mode. If so the blockage may be past the vent so if you can access the roof and block that vent you might have better luck with that vacuum.
Steve :scooter:

When you said you used a shop vacuum. I assume you were using it in the suction mode. If so the blockage may be past the vent so if you can access the roof and block that vent you might have better luck with that vacuum.
This happened a long time ago. Getting ready for a big family party, and I was assigned to do the cooking. I peeled a 10 lb bag of potatoes, and shoved the peelings down the garbage disposal. Well, it got clogged and there was no time to pull everything apart before the party. We shoved the shop vac hose down the hole and flipped the switch to "blow", hoping to just push the mass through. That worked until the clog reached the split in the pipe for the vent. One of the kids ran in from the back yard screaming that it was raining potato peelings. It left a nice layer on the roof, all around the vent pipe. At least it gave everyone something to laugh about at the party.

When I worked at the Beverly Hilton I had a call to a room with a clogged up sink and we used compressed CO2 without a regulator.
I just got to the room and the Chief Engineer came into the room and sent me down to the International ballroom to run one of the spotlights.
He gassed the drain and it started to drain so he was leaving and the guest from the next room came out into the hallway covered from the waist up with all the accumulated slime, hair, old soap, and pure yucky smelly crap.
He was the guest speaker for the ballroom full of the West Coast Division of GM dealers only about 1200 people waiting to hear from the division chief. His tuxedo was blasted so the Chief Engineer took him down to the Taylor shop and found him a jacket to wear.
Needles to say we were never allowed to use the gas again.

i worked as a plumber for many yrs after high school. we mainly did new construction but ocasnialy went on service calls for stuck & pluged sinks & tubs we used a product called "thrift" that we got at the plumbing supply wharehouse its very strong & when hot water is added it smoked & popped like pop rocks candy but this stuff is toxic as hell but worked well for cleaning out slow drains & some stopped drains but it had to get to the plug so it could eat away the accumulated slime, hair, old soap, and pure yucky smelly crap. Also i had a floor drain that filled up with sand so thrift didnt work & i had to call a plumber (how embarissing) & all he did was shove a garden hose down & it washed the sand out down the drain. hope this helps some1 some day

a couple years ago I remodeled a bathroom in an old old house with cast iron pipes. It was all done and the customer called back with a slow draining toilet. How could a toilet drain slow you ask? Pluged pipe. We went at it with the snake. Ran the whole damn thing down there and couldnt find the plug. In the basement where it ran out the wall it turned to pvc which was clear and the kitchen sink on the first floor ran fine. The plug was just before that where the pipes ran across the basement and wernt that steep. We tried snaking it from the bottom side prepard for a flood but to no avail. So we went at it with the sawzall and cut the pluged section out and got a nice flood of fun. filled up a couple garbage cans and made a mess of the basement. There must have been some tile or something down there just enough to put those old pipes over the edge. Luckily when they ran that pvc section they ran the kitchen sink to it. If it had been above the plug their kitchen sink would have been full of sewage! 8 oclock at we finally got outof there. what a nightmare. That house was built pretty crazy. the bath tub was like solid plaster no metal or anything in it i dont know how the hell they got it up there unless it was cast in place. The floor had no subfloor there was planks layed a few inches down in the floor joists to bridge them and mortar filled it up so the floor was like 4" thick. Never seen anything like it before or since :laugh:

ok you guys,the oddest thing i ever had to deal with,i am not a plumber,
but i fixed it,please tell me what was wrong? problem was when someone
would go in just for #1 then flused, the place smelled like pupe, do you guys
know what the problem was ??? :smile:

someone gave the person an upperdecker:shrug:
:laugh::laugh:

thats so funny even better if you get to explain it to ppl who dont know what it is lol

your smell might be a dry floor drain trap? or sink, tub? if it hasnt been used much the water evaporates out