Pmr adapter plate bolts torque specs

I was tightening one of the bottom bolts on my pmr adapter plate and the bolt snapped because I tend to over tighten things now I have to see if I can new bolts from promod I was wondering is there a ft/lb torque that people torque the bolts to? Or do you just not over torque? Any info thank you

What did you tighten it with? 3 ft breaker bar? Surprised it didn't cut thru the DB's engine plate first.
My mounting plate is reinforced with 1/8 inch steel plate, so my engine moutning plate is a 1/4 inch thick I have a bad habit of over tightening things :shrug:

Dude try OTA(over tighteners anonymous) they have a 12 step program.

I'm sure Promod can hook you up. Brad's cool like that. No torque spec I've ever seen for that.

I have had this problem in the past. I have twisted off the wheel stubs mounting and dismounting car tires LOL's. I am not a big guy, but with a cheater bar anybody can be a brute. Torque wrenches are for getting the right torque and for guys like me, that means not over tightening. :doah:

I saw these square headed bolts at my Ace Hardware awhile back, but Brad will probably fix him up with new ones. :thumbsup:

I have had this problem in the past. I have twisted off the wheel stubs mounting and dismounting car tires LOL's. I am not a big guy, but with a cheater bar anybody can be a brute. Torque wrenches are for getting the right torque and for guys like me, that means not over tightening. :doah:

I saw these square headed bolts at my Ace Hardware awhile back, but Brad will probably fix him up with new ones. :thumbsup:
I tried Home Depot , ace and Loews none of them had them, brad told me he charges 10.50 for the set, I searched amazon and bought 10 1 inch square bolts and 10 1 1/2 inch square bolts for 12 bucks and change, love a bargain:thumbsup: yea a torque wrench makes you realize how much you are over tightening something , the adapter plate requires 7 lb/ ft I probly torqued it closed to 100:doah::cursing: