Pop up Camper

Coleman is a nice unit. They were the first to enclose the lift mechanism and they have the least trouble. They don't make them any longer but there are a lot of aftermarket parts out there as they sold so many that it is profitable to make them. Appliances are generic so those are all serviceable. That'd be a nice unit if it checks out. I'd bet those interior lights are the victim of a bad switch in the folding cupboard or a fuse. They are all 12v. :thumbsup::biggrin:

Y'all are making this easier to pull the trigger. Damn it, I need you in my back pocket when I go looking Doodad lol. Thanks Damian. I like those hi-lo too

Good link Tom. Ill follow up on that little sucker tomorrow.

OH hell if ya look around you can find one 1/2 roached for 200 bucks pretty easy.. a little work and it's a 600 dollar machine... :laugh: and the hell of it is, as long as it stays serviceable, it's always worth something, ya know?

It's like a 4 wheeler.. spend 500 bucks on an old honda 4-Trax... drive it for 15 years.. sell it for 500 dollars.. because a 1/2 assed quad you can drive around, is always 500 bucks, ya know?

Ya can't really (lose) persay...

My daughter and I just got back from a bike ride. On the way home we saw a dealership off the highway. Pulled in but they didn't have any pop ups. All i saw were $300, 000 plus motor homes. Man those things are sweet. We never got off the bike. I didn't want the salesman to get false hope. Hopefully I can get some lined up tomorrow to look at.
My family is getting the point where we might be able to afford basic commodities and amenities again barring my 01 Maxima we have always had shit cars. My mom got curious and just quickly cruzed through the nissan dealership at reasonable speed (faster than running)(staying in the car the whole time) to get a quick look with out installing false hope. Two dealers 1 of them a fat guy, were yelling and running after her like starving hyenas chasing prey.

mom and Dad have always wanted a pop-up guess i will have tips they ever shop for one.

Tom, that's an A-liner Chalet....you lose the room and sleep capacity of the pull out ends, and in some cases, sides of the traditional pop up. :thumbsup::biggrin:
It looks like this might be better for severe weather than a traditional pop-up, especially if you're traveling solo or have just one other person along. Where we go camping it's often raining or snowing, and the nighttime temps are frequently in the teens or lower. Hard sides and a little bit of insulation are nice to have in those conditions.

Here's a vid of it going up.

Aliner Folding Camper - Easy take down demonstration - YouTube

But viewing that vid led me to this cool thing that has much more room. I like it! Only problem is that you have to go to England to get one. :laugh:

Pennine Artemis - Folding Caravan - YouTube

Last edited:
I have been looking for some time know settled on this one and bought it last week.
2004 Coleman Redwood high side. Bought it from an older couple that bought it new.
They said they only used it 7 times. Has a cassette toilet (never used)
They threw in every thing with it, BBQ, microwave,pot pans, utensils, broom, rake, hatchet
Receiver with leveling bars, trailer cover. They were asking for $5500 and took $4500.
I was looking for the Colman Utah pretty much the same trailer but with the lower sides.
I thought the high sides would weigh a lot more, WRONG only 80 pounds more.
Bigger fridge in it and you don't have to fold down the sink to fold it up.
I'm pretty happy with it so far. Everything works, no leaks or tears.

I loved my 1978 Trillium fiberglass egg. But I couldnt carry mini bikes in it. I get a lot more use out of my cargo camper. Sleeping on a real mattress in a cargo trailer works fine. You spend most of your time outside anyways... And it is great for Windber. My new tin can cargo camper survived this years rain and wind just great.

I loved my 1978 Trillium fiberglass egg. But I couldnt carry mini bikes in it. I get a lot more use out of my cargo camper. Sleeping on a real mattress in a cargo trailer works fine. You spend most of your time outside anyways... And it is great for Windber. My new tin can cargo camper survived this years rain and wind just great.
Those trailers are cool, my sister and brother-in-law have been looking for one for a while now, there are not a lot out here on the west cost.