powell challenger parts needed

Looking to restore an powell challenger frame I have. I'm starting with only
the bare frame itself, no swingarm no forks. So I need just about everything.
I'm beginning to see why it's called a challenger... Thanks for any help.

Sorry to say you have a very very long road ahead of you . Parts for any Powell just don't happen and some parts I would say are never gong to show up. I bought two rolling chassis's this year, The second one had parts the first one was missing so I will have to custom make the special torque converter's driven shaft assembly.
There is a Powell on E-bay right now that is a complete bike but it is in Colorado and the freight would be over the top as it has a spare motor that comes with it.
good luck Steve :scooter:

powell parts

Yeah, I was kinda expecting to have a big job ahead of me on this one.
But that's what keeps it interesting . I don't mind researching and fabricating
what I need, and I'm fortunate to have access to a First rate weld shop at work ran by master welder who is also into mini bikes. So theres hope.
Do you happen to know of any technical drawings or parts manuals That
could help in fabricating a front end and swing arm? I just need to get a good
visual of how they operated and the material they were made of to make a good repop of them. I would imagine these two parts would be next to impossible to find seperate from the frame. Hey, Thanks for the reply. Charles

Last edited:
I could work on taking pictures of the Powell front end, but as for the brake and the wheels they are unlike any other brand ever. Powell made just about all parts for their bike in house, except for the engine and torque converter.
I went through the factory in 1972 and these old people were still putting out mini bikes and doing all this work they had been doing for 30 + years. Only one of the Powell Brothers was alive and he and his Sister-in Law Dorthy Powell still ran the factory.
Steve :scooter:

Mac

Mac has a nice roller. dont know if he still has it.
I still have it, but I'm figuring out a price on the wingnuts and front fork for another guy. The shipping charges are what kills you, not my high prices.

I have a couple Powell frames, front forks, some seat brackets, and a steel seat, if my memory serves me. Had people who wanted them, but lost touch with them due to my many email addresses(old age has nothing to due with it :no: ).