Predator 212 in Motovox MBX10 easy fit!

First time poster but long time troller.

i've aquired 2 MBX10s and after a few days of putting around i found this site in search of more power! Decided the HF engine option was by far the best bang per buck. Total parts were about $125 and worth every dime!

Predator 212cc with 20% coupon $90 Harbor Freight
Max torque 3/4 Clutch 12tooth $20 ebay
5ft of #35 chain $12 ebay
5/16 x 24 Bolt and washer for engine shaft $1 at Hardware store.

Ive read many posts about cutting the stock airbox, moving the rear fender and denting the muffler to get the 212 in the frame. The truth is, this motor fits right in the frame (no mounting plate needed) and without a single mod except for drilling 4 new small holes and flipping the muffler upside down. i foolishly started hammering the muffler until i realized i could just flip it. I also rotated the pull start cover so the bike can easily be started without even lifting your butt from the seat.
The killswitch wires hook right up with the motovox connectors, no splicing needed. Killswitch on handle bars and KS on motor both functional.
Disconnected the low oil sensor per forum recommendations.

This thing is now a total blast and wheelie monster! im 6ft 180lb and it will flip me over in a second if i dont let off.

I still need to find a way to cover the "ankle splitter" clutch as the stock cover will not bolt up (easily). AND while the flipped muffler works fine, if you forget for a split second it's there your left calf will feel the burn!

Any recommendations on quiet cheap mufflers? its only been a few days and the neighbors are starting to give me the "stare", (just jealous!)

Just wanted to throw some more clear cut info out there for the predator/motovox guys! Now nobody wants to ride the other stock mbx10 because it's constantly left in the dust by the 212!

Last edited:
OldMiniBikes warehouse has a header with silencer don't get the tall one or it will melt the bottom of your seat I did the same build last year I now have a db:thumbsup: