Predator 212 not starting

Hey whats up guys Ive been building a Azusa mini bike kit this summer and finally got it all done this weekend only for it to not start. Ok to start off I got a Hemi 212cc with governor removed, header, Mikuni carb, and air filter. When i was taking the oil sensor out of the inside of the engine next to the cam a valve did fall out but i put it back in.

I have spark, and combustion, I think when that valve fell out it might have messed something up in the head or maybe its that the wires connected to the kill switch arent connected to the oil sensor anymore and i cant see if thats the problem since i threw away the sensor, I still have the brass box that connects to the outside of the enigine and connected the male wire to the female end of the kill switch but it didnt do anything.

PLEASE HELP I WAnnA RIDE ALREADY

trinik7597

The oil sensor being removed is not the issue ... Did you line up your timing marks on the cam and crank when you put it back in ? And I am assuming you mean a lifter fell out not a valve .. did you check your lash after reassembly ?

I'm with Tim on this one .....when the lifter fell out the pushrod came off the rocker arm to probably , pull the valve cover and check the valve lash.

Also take out the spark plug, hook the spark plug wire back up, lay the plug on the cylinder head and pull the rope. Make sure you have spark and make sure your kill switch works.
I'm with the others. When the lifter fell out the pushrod fell off the rocker. When you put the lifter back in the pushrod probably missed the rocker arm. It is an easy fix. Once you remove the valve cover, push the valve spring down with two fingers and slip the rocker arm back into position. Just make sure you push it down without popping the valve retained off the spring... You can probably also just use the rocker arm as your lever. Put the rocker on the valve tip then lift the other end of the rocker and put it on the pushrod.
Let us know how you make out.

Danford1

Last edited: