Predator 212 Valve Noise????

Your original post says "aluminum flywheel". Was it new? Were there any rub or scratch marks on it when you installed it?
Look now. See any new scrapes?
it might be... I'm not 100 percent sure since you know it's made in China with bad quality. but here's some pics

Attachments

update: I have taken the crankcase cover off and rotated the crank and it made a sound and had resistance around the top of the piston stroke. I removed the camshaft and it still made the sound. then I have removed the head and all the valve train and it doesn't seem to have any wear on the cylinder walls. and it also doesn't make that noise and feels nice and smooth. so there could possibly be a problem with the head in some way.
You using the stock head bolts or studs???

I ask, because I see a thin head gasket and wondering if the bolts are bottoming out, putting pressure on the cylinder walls. Making piston to cylinder tighter.

Make sense???

Place a washer under each head bold, torque to 17 ft/lbs and try again.

You really should spray that thin gasket with some copper gasket spray. I've had a few leak without it, jus my opinion.

I ask, because I see a thin head gasket and wondering if the bolts are bottoming out, putting pressure on the cylinder walls. Making piston to cylinder tighter.

Make sense???

You really should spray that thin gasket with some copper gasket spray. I've had a few leak without it, jus my opinion.
I am using the stock head bolts. and the head gasket is stock also. it doesn't make that much sense but I'm sure it will tommorow when I'm back outside tinkering on it. thanks for the help once again

also I'm leaning towards the crappy chinese flywheel if the head doesn't make a difference. only because I took the head off and the flywheel and didn't hear a noise so it could be either.

Make sense???

I don't think the bolts are bottoming out because they go farther down than the thickness of the head.

I am using the stock head bolts. and the head gasket is stock also. it doesn't make that much sense but I'm sure it will tommorow when I'm back outside tinkering on it. thanks for the help once again
Yeap, dont make sense. I seen the black and was thinking the shim gaskets. Usally stock is the silver gaskets.

Back to the drawing board.

yeah I mean the stock one is black so I don't know. I'm thinking it might be the flywheel rubbing or something with the head which looks fine to me. I'll be back posting tommorow. it was pretty cold out today like 40 degrees all day.
That's not stock. Stock is .045"-.052" thick.

That's a shim gasket.

but I'm confused that's how I got it. I have a second predator and the head gasket was the same thing brand new
I've taken probly over 50 apart and never seen a shim in 1 yet. Hemi or non hemi.

It's actually a good thing, more compression ratio. I've jus had some leak, but that's a ez fix too.

You will get it tomorrow, I'm sure.

Oh, BTW that side to side play is normal for a stock rod. I like to set the crank end play to around .010" with crank shims.

Pics of the outside edge of the flywheel would satisfy my curiosity. Looks like some casting flash around the edge. Noise went away when you removed the head and the flywheel ? Before you put the head back on, please put the flywheel on without the head?