predator 212 wont idle

I have a predator 212 that wont stay idling unless i am on the gas. I have cleaned the carb and still have the same problem . what do you guys think?

I shaved the throttle shaft while i was cleaning the carb and today the butterfly came off while i was riding it. So i will need a new carb. i would like something that can give more acceleration and torque than the stock carb. Is this possible with a carb? would a 22 mm mikuni clone carb accomplish this?

i dont want to spend too much money. i am considering the honda 196cc clone carb because i hear they are bigger than the new predator carbs. or the chinese mikuni 22 mm from ebay, which one would be better for torque and acceleration? this is for my mini bike that i off-road a lot.

a bored stock carb is around 55 bucks and will work the best. You will have over 55 in making the mikuni work and tuning it. If you can't afford the 55 then you can get a stock clone carb for 20 bucks, I dont know if the clone carb is bigger than the predator carb.

a bored stock carb is around 55 bucks and will work the best. You will have over 55 in making the mikuni work and tuning it. If you can't afford the 55 then you can get a stock clone carb for 20 bucks, I dont know if the clone carb is bigger than the predator carb.
the chinese mikuni is about $15 on ebay. i was planning on making an adapter if it gives me more power down low than the stock clone carb

4 Cycle Karting Forums - 196 vs. 212 carbureters

today i cleaned the predator 212 engine and carb and put i back together and it still is having the same problem. i cleaned the main jet,e tube, and idle jet on the carb. i jetted the main jet and i am running a intake with stock exhaust. the spark plug is black so the mixture is to rich. could this be why it doesn't idle or rev up smoothly?

Last edited:
i took off the idle screw cap and took out the idle screw and put it back in . i left about 3 turns in and this allowed the motor to rev up much more smoothly. i also made some gaskets for the carb plate . it still doesn't idle any ideas ?:shrug: