Predator conversion

Dubs

I think I'm done! I think. Maybe. Ok, maybe motovox front forks await ... But for now I'm done. Mechanically she runs like a top. Looks EXACTLY how I wanted her to. One last step remains ... Paint.

Buuuut alas, here is my conversion:

- predator swap
- PMR mount plate
- PMR clutch guard
- Max torque clutch from OldMiniBikes
- 8 inch clearance header from OldMiniBikes
- k&N filter
- upgraded jet kit (.38 main jet, emulsion tube from OldMiniBikes)
- remote fuel tank
- cut 6 inches off the front of the stock seat
- new grips
- repositioned front and rear fenders

Nice work. Are you going to repaint it red? I had a question about the header and tip you put on it. Does putting that on make it any quieter? If possible I'd like to make my Predator motor more quiet although I know it it isn't very loud as is.

Looking good , Order a new custom seat from Kenny , you'll love it , I use that standard $8 muffler on my headers and they work great , good sound but not too loud , It will melt the paint off your frame as it is now , may want to look at re-working it if you intend to paint ? I run the pipe all the way out , it's works great, the engine likes it too :thumbsup:

Dubs

I used the same muffler as Chipper - nice and quiet yet deep sound to it.

My only complaint about the header from OldMiniBikes as its not nearly as "perfect for the Doodlebug" as the product listing states. It is perfect for the Doodlebug provided you're expecting and able to modify as needed. Perhaps others had luck with it bolting on right out of the box... but that wasn't my experience.

I forgot to mention that I still need a new seat cover (or new seat from Kenny apparently?). I was looking at ordering a cover from Etsy. Where does one find the seats from Kenny?

And lastly, to the above question about paint... I'm not sure on the color - which is why I haven't painted it yet. One of my buddies works for a shop that can powder coat it for me ... so to some extent I'll be limited to what they have available. I'm thinking red or OD green.

Etsy , LXM Boutique has nice DB covers but with the chopped seat I'd give Kenny the dimensions you want and he'll make you an incredible seat , pm him @ kbs8ball ! The header in my pic I made because of that reason , I've bought them for other clones and yes you gotta open up the holes to fit , you can most probably bend/tweak that header to clear the frame better or just get a 3/4 pipe nipple and extend it as needed ! Color ??? You're on your own there I do like green :biggrin: