Preditor on a Fox Slant Plate

So I was reading a thread on this OldMiniBikes site yesterday from fall 2014 by Matt2.
I was rather disappointed that all the photo links were dead as far as his Wife's bike.
Instead they were redirected to OldMiniBikes Site so I haven't a clue how this bike turned out visually speaking.
As someone who has a couple Foxes I enjoy seeing what other Fox owners have done.
I read near end of the thread someone ask Matt2 how the Preditor 212 performed on his Fox Bike.
I did not see an answer from Matt2 to the question I am not answer the question for Matt2.
I am simple telling my experience with the Preditor 212 on a Fox Mini Bike.
I purchased a Fox TT from a guy in Northern Indiana the price was fair, true it isn't what
the purest's would call an Authentic Fox so in consideration to them let's call it the faux Fox.
To begin with the guy removed the presurized gas tank and broke off the tip of the spark plug connector cap before it would fit in the carriage.
From day one the bike was a temperamental starter I believe that was due to the removal of the pressurized gas tank.
Not to mention he cut up the original Taylor Spark Arrestor Exhaust System it's going to be at least $250.00 to replace it if I'm fortunate.
Anyway the bike has Mag wheels with street tires I had rode the bike a total of 45 minutes.
I was returning home from riding I turned off the grass lane(the lane is the easement the power company uses to service the electrical lines.)
Well as I was coming up the rise to my property I hit a patch of thick grass the front tire slide in one direction the rear slide the other.
I downed the bike it died in every sense of the term, that will be a year ago this September I am going to have to take the Preditor out of the carriage to work on it.
So my advise to anyone thinking about installing a Preditor 212 on your Fox Mini I doubt it worth the trouble nor is the Preditor ment to be mounted on a slanted engine plate.
However if you wish to try I bid you good fortune.
I hope to be doing a project post on my Fox Condor after I figure out what to do about a seat, also there is the rubber boot issue to deal with.
Reaper

So the bike fell over and now wont start? Clean the carb. Clean the air filter because its probably full of oil and clean the spark plug. If the gas is old change it... Nothing wrong with running the Predators on that angle. Lots of people running them at funky angles.

Sounds like you have Fffffoooxxxe fever..
Oh if you only knew Buckeye.
I hope I will be hanging around OldMiniBikes long enough to showcase my attempts of resembling a couple of Fox Minis.
Fox Fever, I beg your pardon more like a Fox Obsession.

Last edited: