Pretty sure it's not Chinese

J,

Search the post " Fox Sundowner with Sachs, Saxonette engine"

I found this post under that title that has some good info and leads to parts and a manual.

Wild Goose

This manual has a lot of info. I bought it last year myself, and it's worth the money:

ARCTIC CAT MINI BIKE & OTHERS SACHS 50 REPAIR MANUAL | eBay

These guys also sell some parts, and an owners manual.

VINTAGE PARTS & HOFFCO/COMET Lauson power Certified Parts Corporation has Your Parts Cart for WetBikes, SurfJets, ATV's, PWC's, Mini-Bikes, Go-Karts, RV's, UTV's and Snowmobiles! OEM, aftermarket, and hard to find parts

Link to their owners manual: Item Details

Here's the guy (Bob Fragoman) who has all the parts and info, if you want them from the guy that bought the left-over stock when Fox went under. He also will send info on how to adjust things, including your carb.:

Bob
R. L. Fragoman
Box 157
Memphis, NY 13112
(315) 689-7047
mbman@juno.com

PS: send that serial and engine number info to Bob, and he can tell you exactly when your bike was manufactured.

PPS: When you look for parts on Ebay, also search using " arctic cat mini bike " as a search term. Several models used the same engine.

Last edited:
Gentleman,

You have a very active and informative forum here, as I'm just starting to try and learn more about the world of vintage minis, it has been very helpful indeed!

P.S. Expect more questions.

Be careful searching for the Sachs AMAX / Saxonette engine repair manual. The only one listed on ebay is just a parts list. I have a better one that I cleaned up and made available to everyone on Dropbox. I'll post a link when I have a chance to look it up.

Here is a link to another thread where I posted the carb adjustment procedure (picture included) and some other helpful tips about r running and maintaining a Saxonette. Fuel mix, trans fluid, etc..

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83802

One of these days I'll get around to editing and posting some video I shot last year on how to completely tear down and reassemble the engine, replace crank seals, set timing, etc..

Nice bike!

I've rebuilt a few Sachs 50 / AMAX 47cc Saxonette engine for my Arctic Cats and put this document together to help me out. I captured images from the Sachs 50 / AMAX Parts Manual. I zoomed in on the drawings so I have a good shop guide while I rebuild the engine.

This would be helpful for anyone working on an Arctic Cat, Fox Sundowner, Coleman, or other minibike that used the 47cc Sachs engine. The zoomed in views are much easier to see than the original and you can reprint it when you get it dirty.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/92953806/Sachs 50 AMAX Parts List and Exploded Views.pdf

BTW, your handlebars don't look original, at least, not the common "U-bolt" style most came with. Yours are more the Honda Monkey / Trail 70 style. Search for Sundowner pics and you'll see. The forks look correct, but I'm no Sundowner expert.

I've rebuilt a few Sachs 50 / AMAX 47cc Saxonette engine for my Arctic Cats and put this document together to help me out. I captured images from the Sachs 50 / AMAX Parts Manual. I zoomed in on the drawings so I have a good shop guide while I rebuild the engine.

This would be helpful for anyone working on an Arctic Cat, Fox Sundowner, Coleman, or other minibike that used the 47cc Sachs engine. The zoomed in views are much easier to see than the original and you can reprint it when you get it dirty.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/92953806/Sachs 50 AMAX Parts List and Exploded Views.pdf
I know this is an old thread, but the link to this doc doesn't work anymore and would like a copy since I am working on one right now.