prices in your area

First I'm not looking for an estimate on anything, and if you care to answer just leave an average for your area/county/state/town. I don't want this to turn into a price guide where brand XXXX is worth XX dollars but instead a general guide where if you live in XXX a mini bike should cost you XXX-XXX dollars (francs, euros, diamonds, gold bars, pine logs, but exchange rates are your problem).

The Little Rock (2-3 hour radius of) arkansas minis are not popular at all. Heck I've never even seen or heard of one till I was in my mid 30s. The vintage ones Ive seen on CL have been on there for months because the seller is looking at what they sell for in places they are popular and expecting that amount. The modern ones are rare since most people around here look for 4 wheelers or side by sides.

Right now there is and "only original once" so rusty it looks like the frame is gone the seller is asking 1kish for and a modern mini that is "like new low hours" sun faded and looks beat on the seller is asking $100 more than I can go to tractor supply and buy the exact same new bike for.

Heck I only gave $400 for the mid 90s sonoma (80k miles) with everything working that I only had to do a simple tune up on (less than $60 spent). No way I'm gonna give more than $500 for a mini bike in the area I live in.

In Cali on craigslist on any given day...........$150 or lower is rare for a worn out Chinese bike.....usually see them listed from $200 to $500 cause someone thinks that a $100 Predator with the clutch on outboard, freshly spray bombed tires cause they were too lazy to take them off or mask off ANYTHING....needs new carb and cables but has a freshly wrapped hay bale with a Raider T-shirt for a custom seat....bald flat rear tire custom slick with disc brakes but missing the disc and caliper.....custom straight water pipe foot rests front rear and mid with yard art welded on sissy bar....and custom one of a kind dog water dish fuel tank.......does 120 mph with stock air filter and muffler cause they tweaked the governor!! Those are what I see everyday in my area!! .........But.......every now and then I see someone from this planet make a listing like the one I saw a month ago 30 minutes from me with a mini Tote Gote original owner in great shape for $300!! If only I had the room!! :doah:

Here's the only one listed on Craigslist in the Seattle area. You guys know much more than I about prices. What about this one for $250, or whatever the seller would take?

Minibike

Here's the only one listed on Craigslist in the Seattle area. You guys know much more than I about prices. What about this one for $250, or whatever the seller would take?

Minibike
That's a Trail Horse. It's a good bike but someone added the large jack shaft mount. My theory is any running, rideable mini bike that is not too buggered up with extra junk welded onto the frame is worth $150-200 minimum.

Hard to say what the average price for a mini bike in a specific area would be without actually knowing what they are really selling for. Asking price is just that, an asking price.

45t

For my area the average is $400 asking price. I've seen very few bikes listed that would be worth half that.

capguncowboy

Here, everything is either a Rupp or Mini Bike and the prices are all over the place. Most of it's junk and not worth $100, much less the $300-400 they're asking

The catch 22 is if you don't look and you are really interested you can miss out on some nice finds. Today a Herald Super Bronc for $300.00 but it is 250 miles away and it is just right for someone but not me. and last week a fully suspended Dune Cycle for $250 also 200 miles from me. So they are still out there

Steve

capguncowboy

The catch 22 is if you don't look and you are really interested you can miss out on some nice finds. Today a Herald Super Bronc for $300.00 but it is 250 miles away and it is just right for someone but not me. and last week a fully suspended Dune Cycle for $250 also 200 miles from me. So they are still out there

Steve
That's my biggest plight here. I can find good bikes for good prices, but most of them require a few hours each way to pick them up. People here rarely use Paypal and don't trust anything electronic, so I can either drive to get them or get over it.

In the NY Tri State area, all junk! Average used price about $400.00. Newer style mini bikes. No vintage mini bikes ever come up for sale around here. Have driven to Annapolis Md from Long Island NY to pick up a mini bike and paid a small fortune for it. But Love It and worth the trip and cost.

Johnwesley

I found a year old monster moto 80. It was advertised I was just asking around. It looks great and got it for $75. The other is an doodle bug the older style with a disc brake. Runs good and is in good shape other than a chunk out of the tire. Paid 200$ for it which was 50 more than I wanted to. So averaged out that wasn't so bad.

In CO EVERYTHING is a Tote Gote (GOAT) or so they think.
Which makes them think they can get 600 to 800$
In reality most are Bajas or some junk worth about 200$

The bikes are out there but if you dont search craigslist twice a day there already gone, you would never even know they were for sale. my traveling distance is usually an hour ride or its gotta bee some out of this world shit to make me travel farther.

Shit I must be out of my mind cause I'm getting ready to travel 7 hours one way to get a cat 400 x for 300.00 that's missing all the good stuff except the wheel stars...

Prices in my area vary wildly depending on who knows what, I still grab a cheapie from time to time but with the internet people can do research and when they do the prices go up wildly. I'm always saying I'm done, not buying another but selling all but a few but that's BS evidently because they keep arriving still. Good thing is that some are leaving too, gives me more $ to buy more so I can start again saying how I'm done. A vicious cycle.

The bikes are out there but if you dont search craigslist twice a day there already gone, you would never even know they were for sale. my traveling distance is usually an hour ride or its gotta bee some out of this world shit to make me travel farther.
I'm with you on the travel, but I do have brokers in MN an Wis. picking them up for me. (brother=in-laws)