Progress on the Wards T777

Well I didn't want you guys to think I haven't been doing anything since I finished the Terra Tandem bike. I have been trying to bring my Wards T777 back to life. I was able to rob some parts I needed off of the Super Bronc I bought the other day.This bike was very rough when I got it. I had it sandblasted, and cut off the mangled bars. I painted it Black Hammer finish with Bronze Hammer finish on the wheels and fenders. I used some risers and a set of bars that were on the Heald, ( supposed to be off of an old Triumph. I had been saving a nice Briggs 8hp for this bike but it wont fit with the air cleaner. It will if I take off the rear fender, But I wont do that. I have an 8hp Tecumseh I just got so I will be using that. :hammer:

BEFORE

NOW

We never thought you got lazy about projects.. :lol: You redo more bikes than anyone else here. You go right through them.. Hey....Keep the briggs and bolt any other carb in the world right to the engine block no governor all balls. :scooter: If ya got a fully adjustable on that Tecumseh.. I'd borrow that one.. :wink: I might gots something for ya too if need be.. Mikuni or something...

This one (8hp Briggs ) uses a fuel pump. What can I use. ?????:shrug:
OH DAMN :doah: I just saw your motor for sale.. You already have a bowl carb huh? Have you torn everything but the carb off and eyeballed it? Does the motor have a fuel pump from the factory? Do ya need a fuel pump because your tank wont gravity feed? :shrug: I was just thinking you had the older updraft carb and THAT was hitting the frame some how.. :doah:
If the original carb WON'T WORK at all for whatever reason... You just need the older two way adjustable updraft carb.. :shrug:

Well I shoehorned the 8hp Briggs in there, and just made a new rear fender outta diamond plate and painted it to match.
The bitch was the footprint of the big Briggs didn't match the mounting plate. They are just a tad wider. I had to drill out the mounting plate on the Briggs a little so I could use it. But its in there and everything looks to line up pretty good. All I need is to get a seat made and buy some fuel line and she's done:hammer::hammer::hammer:

What do ya think :shrug:

Looking good so far, It would look cool to run the exhaust out the back on it and would help keep the rear fender from getting black from the exhaust.

Ratbike

Well I shoehorned the 8hp Briggs in there, and just made a new rear fender outta diamond plate and painted it to match.
The bitch was the footprint of the big Briggs didn't match the mounting plate. They are just a tad wider. I had to drill out the mounting plate on the Briggs a little so I could use it. But its in there and everything looks to line up pretty good. All I need is to get a seat made and buy some fuel line and she's done:hammer::hammer::hammer:

What do ya think :shrug:
NICE BROTHER!!! YOU COULD TAKE THE WHOLE FAMILY ON THAT ONE!!:laugh:

Yep. About 4 coats and 3 coats of clear over it. The frame was pitted so bad I didn't want to bother powdercoating it ( although they do have a Hammer powdercoat now ) but the hammer finish takes away from the pitts. My black Super Bronc was also pitted real bad, but after I used the Hammer finish on it you couldn't tell.

Of coarse the numb nuts that I sold it to screwed it up within the first 4 hours of owning it, and totally stripped it down to redo it.

Last edited:
I like the "SIZE MATTERS" on the front!
Yea I thought it was appropriate :laugh: If you have never seen one of these in person, you would be amazed that they even refer to it as a mini bike. Its about 6-7 ft long and sits higher than my Big kawasaki.

Hey Ratbike I get it at Lowes or Ace hardware.Hell My local Wal-Mart even has it.:thumbsup:

Ratbike

Yea I thought it was appropriate :laugh: If you have never seen one of these in person, you would be amazed that they even refer to it as a mini bike. Its about 6-7 ft long and sits higher than my Big kawasaki.

Hey Ratbike I get it at Lowes or Ace hardware.Hell My local Wal-Mart even has it.:thumbsup:
Cool... may have to try that! I picked up 3 frames at a swap meet last weekend...looks like Back to "WORK"!!!:thumbsup: