ProJect GX265 aka Pro Mod

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Sorry guys it didn't go good yesterday.

I had a lot of bad luck yesterday at the races.

1st Clutch key sheared on the second clutch lock up, so I ran to my buddy house and made one from a harden steel key.

2nd Got very bad clutch chatter which caused the side cover bolts to come out while I was testing it. Oil everywhere! My buddy had spare bolts there, so fixed that. (but I'm gonna go to studs with flat washer, lock washer, and nylon insert nuts)

3rd The clutch blows apart on lock up,(all clips, and damage disc) so I put it back together and try to ease into it, and it blows again. (3 disc Tomar stellar mod 4,800 stall with RED springs no weights) Need about 5,400 stall with .100" silver springs.

4th the stock motor plate is to weak and the motor was tweaking the frame. Motor looks to be trying to pop a wheelie in the chassis. Gotta go to 1/4" thick steel plate with welded braces around from extra strength.

So I guess next week we will try it again. I will take more pictures for you guys to see the frame mods later.

i had the same problem with my frame flexing ! so i put braces on the frame and still it moved i put 1/4" plate on for a motor mount and the motor still moved. it almost seems that the motor case it's self was moving just above the bolt holes :confused: and still to this day i have no idea how to stop the flex. i can squeeze the chain together and watch the motor move. go figure. good luck with yours.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
i had the same problem with my frame flexing ! so i put braces on the frame and still it moved i put 1/4" plate on for a motor mount and the motor still moved. it almost seems that the motor case it's self was moving just above the bolt holes :confused: and still to this day i have no idea how to stop the flex. i can squeeze the chain together and watch the motor move. go figure. good luck with yours.
Just wait, i think I got it figured out
Braces, 1/4" steel plate, and adjuster nuts on the back should work.:thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Ok got the mods done to the frame
1/4" thick steel motor plate, Frame braces, and Bigger adjusting nuts
The side cover has studs, flat washers, lock washers, and nylon nuts
The Clutch has been changed to a mini Tomar TD-43 3 disc clutch, setup at 5,500 RPM for now.

Will let everyone know how it goes this weekend.

Here are some pictures!

Frame Before

Frame After

It fits Nice and tight

Ready For Saturday

Last edited:
Sorry guys it didn't go good yesterday.

I had a lot of bad luck yesterday at the races.

1st Clutch key sheared on the second clutch lock up, so I ran to my buddy house and made one from a harden steel key.

2nd Got very bad clutch chatter which caused the side cover bolts to come out while I was testing it. Oil everywhere! My buddy had spare bolts there, so fixed that. (but I'm gonna go to studs with flat washer, lock washer, and nylon insert nuts)

3rd The clutch blows apart on lock up,(all clips, and damage disc) so I put it back together and try to ease into it, and it blows again. (3 disc Tomar stellar mod 4,800 stall with RED springs no weights) Need about 5,400 stall with .100" silver springs.

4th the stock motor plate is to weak and the motor was tweaking the frame. Motor looks to be trying to pop a wheelie in the chassis. Gotta go to 1/4" thick steel plate with welded braces around from extra strength.

So I guess next week we will try it again. I will take more pictures for you guys to see the frame mods later.
What you need is a torque converter. Hahahaha! Ducking for cover! :laugh:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
hahahahahahaha
Well Pro Mod ran good today, so good I couldn't get a race. Which was the problem:doah:

I did a lot of test runs against slower bikes
The first test run I had to give the guys 15 bike lengths. Still blasted pass both guys before 1/8 mile and cruised to the finish line. It only took 7,800 RPM to beat them.

Then I tested against these two 120 lb kids. I beat them easy and it only took 8,200 RPM to do it. I did one more test race against my buddy on his modified 305 minibike. I gave him the go, and blasted pass him by 20 feet and just shut it down early.

I guess I gotta wait til next weekend to get a real race. I need to get a video of a good race for you guys. But it should be a blow out. The motor seems to make crazy power.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The bike ran so good I was talking to my buddy JD and we might end up getting the whole minibike dyno tested on a motorcycle chassis dyno.

Of course I will video it if we do.:thumbsup:

camera angles?

mdb, love to see the manville races ,and i do mean love!!!i know thosebikes are really flying but its hard too appeciate their real speed when their riding away from the camera, could you get a couple of shots from mid track and/or finish line flybys? no disrespect just want to get bettter look at bikes at speed Thanks, keep doin what ya do:thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
mdb, love to see the manville races ,and i do mean love!!!i know thosebikes are really flying but its hard too appeciate their real speed when their riding away from the camera, could you get a couple of shots from mid track and/or finish line flybys? no disrespect just want to get bettter look at bikes at speed Thanks, keep doin what ya do:thumbsup:
You must haven't seen all of my videos?

YouTube - Brian VS Mike

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I raced Pro Mod today against a 300cc Briggs stroker WF motor.
I had to give them a 35 lb weight break to get the race finally going.

Anyway I think I fouled out the plug a little during testing. I kept having to idle up the carb high to keep it running. So I raced anyway and won. I left the line sluggish, and on top end it was missing a little. But I was still able to turn 8920 RPM with my heavy load on it. I was clocked at 83mph on that run.

A couple side cover studs worked there way out, and blew 2 side cover gaskets. Next week I'm gonna lean the carb 1 turn and put a fresh plug in it, and try it again. I should hit 9200 easy.

I have 2 videos of the run, at the start, and at the end. But it's gonna be a few days before I get them posted up.

Sorry the helmet cams didn't work. The guy didn't put fresh batteries in them.:thumbdown:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
maybe a vacuum pump for the crankcase now?
I glued new longer stufds in place now. Also one of the dowl pin bosses broke, so I glued that back together and glued in both dowls as well. Put on a fresh new thick sidecover gasket and try it again with a fresh plug.:thumbsup: