ProJect GX265 aka Pro Mod

Minidragbike what type of clutch are you using, where can I purchase one, and how much?

the cintrivical clutch I have on my briggs is just not working, Ive gone through 4 fairly quickly, when the motor idles it spins the clutch pads and wears them out, I also dont want to put a torque converter on because I dont want to run a jackshaft setup and plus I dont have room for one.

thanks, Jake

125ccCrazy

Minidragbike what type of clutch are you using, where can I purchase one, and how much?

the cintrivical clutch I have on my briggs is just not working, Ive gone through 4 fairly quickly, when the motor idles it spins the clutch pads and wears them out, I also dont want to put a torque converter on because I dont want to run a jackshaft setup and plus I dont have room for one.

thanks, Jake
If the clutch is engaging at idle turn the idle down or get stiffer springs to raise the engagment RPM..

If you use a Tav2 you wont need a jackshaft, its all self contained so to speak..The driven clutch is mounted to an alum plate that bolts to the engine..

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The race clutches I run are very expensive, and cost more than the TAV. You just want a little more stall than stock. 125ccCrazy has some good advise.

thanks for the quick replys, where can I find one of those tav2's, Im not new to this motor or anything but Im not an expert on small engines so I dont know where to find the Idle screw unless the screw I am mistaking it for looks like an air screw? what im looking for in a clutch is somthing that can handle alot of abuse and and still have a long wear time, the cintrivical clutches are just not working out for me and I dont know how to take the clutch apart to swap springs. Im more of a motorcycle mechanic than a minibike one. any help is great. oh and some more info about the motor its a briggs raptor block with a high compression head and upgraded cam, it might have upgraded valves, everything else is stock, I had one of my dads friends rebuild the entire engine a couple years ago. I will post some pics of it tonight

The problem is that the stock clutch isnt holding up fine im just looking for a way to modify the stock clutch to work better for my riding style or find another unit that works better. I have a completley rigid minibike that I jump and beat the :censure: out of in the dirt and it seems like the clutch is taking all the abuse. It would be great if someone could post a link to where I might be able to find on of those race clutches.

thanks

also Minidragbike im sorry that im kinda taking over your thread, just let me know if you want me to start another thread of my own:thumbsup::scooter:

you'll just be wasting your money if you buy one of the race clutches. they are not made for the type of riding you do. you want a TAV if you're riding off road.

one question about the tav will it mess up my drive line I dont want to have to go through the hastle of modifying any part of the frame I just want a plug and play type of deal

which frame/engine are you running? most of the time they pretty much bolt on. sometimes people need to grind the TAV backing plate to get it to fit properly.

do a search for them on here and you'll find out a bunch about them.

I will probably need to :hack: off my chain guide to fit a TAV on there but I dont really mind, also I remember that Northern used to sell TAV's does anyone know if they still do?

mybiz

The tav2 is what im getting ready to buy myself is BMI the cheapest place to buy them
I'm asking this becouse i'll be ordering 2 of them and there price is $156.00 apiece good price??? or is there lower priced ones somewere else:helpsmilie:

I could have sworn that Northern used to sell them, I dont know if they still do but last time I checked I think they were selling them for 136.00