ProJect GX265 aka Pro Mod

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I don't know if any of you guys have seen my project post on 4cycle. But I was plaining on making the most power ever with a GX200 Honda than any other person has.

The motor spec's are
ARC 2.300" stroker crank
2.992" JR Race Car Piston
.360" Custom Isky cam
Don Zig Hot Coil
1.2 Ratio Hunter Roller Rockers
3hp Non Fin Adjustable ARC Flywheel
Custom Big Valve Head
30mm Lectron alky Carb
HD Push rods
HD 0.100" Wrist Pin
Custom 3 stage header
Custom Engine Girdle

I will be racing it next weekend, and did the first start up on Saturday at the races. I have some photo's I'm gonna post for you guys to see in detail. The motor ended up with 17.84:1 Static compression.

Block

Head

Tming

Done

Video Of The First Start up
YouTube - Pro Mod Worlds Fastest GX200

damm thats a awesome power plant,how much something liek that run? can't wait to see it run.is that a 305 i see in the background?:smile:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
damm thats a awesome power plant,how much something liek that run? can't wait to see it run.is that a 305 i see in the background?:smile:
Yes that is a modified briggs 305 in the background.
It's very expensive
Maybe $1800 for me as a builder. To buy something like this would be about $2500.

Carb $300-$400
Custom Intake $100
ARC Crank $275
Custom Valves and seats $100
Steel Sleeve $40 Machine work to put it in $150
Piston $130 machine work to put it in $20
Cam is $150 machine wokr to put it in $20
Billet ARC Rod $85
Total Seal Rings $60
ARC 3hp Billet Adjustable Flywheel $160
Don Zig Hot Coil $60
Custom Girdle $60
HD Wrist Pin $25
Hunter 1.2 ratio roller rocker $150
Fuel Pump, header, Chain gaurd, push rods, gaskets, dual springs $150
Stock small Chamber head $50 machine work $200(welding, Installing seats, 3 angle valve job, porting, spring pockets cut, Groove cut in head)

Plus Tax, and Shipping for everything.

mini99

MDB, how do you think this motor stacks up against the big rhino motors. it sounds like it would be a little cheaper to build.

is that the frame you are running in ? that motor is nasty ! i wish i lived closer to you guy's there is no mini's like that any where near me i seem to be the only hotrod mini around .it would be fun to build a big motor like that but it is no fun when your alone !!! you build bad ass toys ,good luck this weekend. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
No, the SR-71 or BZ3 would be a much better choice if your looking at a dollar to HP ratio. Let's say for a $1000 you can find a used 3x3 blockzilla on ebay that makes 32-35hp.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
is that the frame you are running in ? that motor is nasty ! i wish i lived closer to you guy's there is no mini's like that any where near me i seem to be the only hotrod mini around .it would be fun to build a big motor like that but it is no fun when your alone !!! you build bad ass toys ,good luck this weekend. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yes, I'm running that frame. It's a regular medium frame that's stretched 8". I don't need the extra weight, or wheelie bars the other guys like to have for show. Paint even weight's to much for me.:eek:ut:

is that tire height enough to get max top speed or are you running a small rear sprocket to mach your rpm's . ( see i am picking your mind for info ) LOL

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
My back sprocket is a 50 tooth #35 chain gear, the front is a 14 tooth.
I need to spin the motor up to 8,500 RPM to get my 80 mph goal.

I may need to just play with my clutch engagement to make sure it stops pulling right before the finish line. If it's still pulling hard then I may need to raise the stall.

Yes that is a modified briggs 305 in the background.
It's very expensive
Maybe $1800 for me as a builder. To buy something like this would be about $2500.

Carb $300-$400
Custom Intake $100
ARC Crank $275
Custom Valves and seats $100
Steel Sleeve $40 Machine work to put it in $150
Piston $130 machine work to put it in $20
Cam is $150 machine wokr to put it in $20
Billet ARC Rod $85
Total Seal Rings $60
ARC 3hp Billet Adjustable Flywheel $160
Don Zig Hot Coil $60
Custom Girdle $60
HD Wrist Pin $25
Hunter 1.2 ratio roller rocker $150
Fuel Pump, header, Chain gaurd, push rods, gaskets, dual springs $150
Stock small Chamber head $50 machine work $200(welding, Installing seats, 3 angle valve job, porting, spring pockets cut, Groove cut in head)

Plus Tax, and Shipping for everything.
damm thats some serious shit.can't wait to see what it do.
much luv on that motor that thing is mean.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Thanks
The thing is once you have good parts you keep them forever. I swap heads, blocks, cranks, piston, cams, roller rockers, carb, etc to different motors all the time to try new stuff out. I had that carb for about 6 years now, they are hard to find and worth a pretty peeny. But you can get the same performance from a Ibea carb, but they cost about $300 stock on gas.

The whole idea of this motor was to build something no one else has. I have already had the fastest gx200 for years already. I just wanted to try this new groove head idea with super compression I came up with.

you gonna vieo tape the run mdb,i gonna try to make it out this week end , but theirs a possibility i might have to go to a birthday party, just not sure what they gonna do.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
you gonna vieo tape the run mdb,i gonna try to make it out this week end , but theirs a possibility i might have to go to a birthday party, just not sure what they gonna do.
Yeah it's gonna be videod maybe by me, or my other buddy JD. I want to mount the camera onto my helmet and video as I'm racing. Just like they do with a helmet cam.:scooter: