project mini chopper

Hello everybody this is my mini chopper that I am fixing up. Bought it from a guy not far from where I live for $35. I took seat and gas tank off to find the neck was cut out. Took accesories off that was not needed. Fixed and reinstalled the front hydraulic brake. Installed a headlight. My Dad took it to his work and welded a new neck in and put an engine mount plate on.
Things to do
Rear Wheel spacers
Drill Engine mount holes
Make gas tank cap
install stock 6hp mitsubishi engine with homemade exhaust
Brake light
Possible sissy bar

Here is a link of the engine running YouTube - ‪6hp mitsubishi engine stock‬‏

More pics and updates soon to come

Last edited:
sounds like a neat project . one thing dont run a motor whet its sitting on some hard surface like the side walk , it can bust the case up from bouncing on there . if you want to run it and its not bolted down do it in the grass . cracked crank cases are no fun to fix .

Haha I'm glad to be back. I've been working on a couple projects a baja heat. My manco. And my new mini chopper. And been riding a lot. Yeah I Thought the same thing when I seen the leaves blow everywhere.

Got almost everything put together today. Engine bolted down chain hooked up. Speedometer and a temporary gas tan. Took it for a test ride and it takes off super slow and only gets up to 52mph. Gps.speedo not reading correctly.36 tooth rear sprocket.
I have a baja warrior jackshaft setup that I could use. Here is some photos of what it looks now.

Got some pics of the tank. Its in rough shape with dings and rust inside. Cut some notches out and angles to fit a honda gx160 gas cap. Clutch went out so had rig one up with parts from my salvaged clutch parts. Got original speedo hooked up to front wheel but speed not reading right but miles is. Only had 34 when got it but now has 120. Can't wait for tech school start back plan on doing some bodywork and paint. Still searching for tailight.