property surveyed

damn....jerky but thicker...who would have thunk it???

On another note...my brother is up at my place for opening day...my no trespassing signs are down...at least the ones where they cut through...he put up 10 more where there were 3...

Had to chase the neighbor kid bad over to his place yesterday. He's 5 and autistic. He runs around naked during the summer..... thankfully I was spared that show. Poops where ever he is. Now I know where the lines at..... fence time. He's tried to get into my house already. I won't go into my true feelings of the situation.... in fear of sounding horrible...... but... its kinda hahaha'd up.:laugh:

Had to chase the neighbor kid bad over to his place yesterday. He's 5 and autistic. He runs around naked during the summer..... thankfully I was spared that show. Poops where ever he is. Now I know where the lines at..... fence time. He's tried to get into my house already. I won't go into my true feelings of the situation.... in fear of sounding horrible...... but... its kinda hahaha'd up.:laugh:
I sold a house I owned out right a couple of years ago and bought a new home with 30 year mortgage because that town went down the drain! Im an easy going guy and get along with just about anybody but damn have times changed....im only 41 but raised with old school morals....and nobody around me had those anymore!! Hope everything works out for you Rhino!!

MikeBear

I sold a house I owned out right a couple of years ago and bought a new home with 30 year mortgage because that town went down the drain! Im an easy going guy and get along with just about anybody but damn have times changed....im only 41 but raised with old school morals....and nobody around me had those anymore!! Hope everything works out for you Rhino!!
There's no hope for him, if he really lives in the Thumb! :scared: :laugh:

I like the idea of of walking the boundries with a GPS. Then you could open Google maps satellite image and mark the corners coordinates. The save or print the map.

Awesome plot you got

ELT

Drive a steel pin in the ground by all your markers so it is below ground and can't be seen. Your can locate it with a metal detector. If somebody destroys visable markers you still have referance points.

I think it's time to call social services.

The kid is really that bad, and the parents don't have control of him at all times? Hell no.

On top of that, he's pooping wherever he stands, that's just filthy. I for one wouldn't want potential disease on my property.

I think it's time to call social services.

The kid is really that bad, and the parents don't have control of him at all times? Hell no.

On top of that, he's pooping wherever he stands, that's just filthy. I for one wouldn't want potential disease on my property.
It sucks. He's just going to get bigger and dumber. I'm going over Sunday I think and hash this out. We talked before......... maybe I didn't sound like a asshole enough. They don't even own the place. Its her sisters property. Irony.... the husband owned my property and lost it to the bank. Bet he didn't mind the property line then....:laugh:

It sucks. He's just going to get bigger and dumber. I'm going over Sunday I think and hash this out. We talked before......... maybe I didn't sound like a asshole enough. They don't even own the place. Its her sisters property. Irony.... the husband owned my property and lost it to the bank. Bet he didn't mind the property line then....:laugh:

The thing is, it's not like he got out ONCE or something, which I could understand if I were in your shoes. I know that it can be a real burden working with the mentally handicapped, and even harder to raise someone who is.

At the same time though, they really should respect that it's YOUR land. You've talked to them before, and apparently it didn't get through to them.

It's especially bad that he's running all over hell & gone & shitting wherever he goes. It's even worse when he's trying to get into your house without your permission, and you never know what could happen. At some point, that autistic kid running around could be a psychopathic MAN that decides on a home invasion.

They need to get their shit straightened out.

Very much so. My father taught woodshop to special needs kids. EMI and such. 6 to 26 years old. Not a new situation to me at all. I over slept today to go get firewood...... so... plans got moved up. Heading over in a bit. Head over around noonish. I got a brush pile or 2 I can move over between our houses......from clearing some earlier this summer getting ready for my pole barn. Still deciding on what one yet...looks like spring time for that going up... but that's a whole different post. :wink:

TomH

I used what they call t posts used as posts for barb wire or field fencing. Used a knocker to drive them in so far and a sledge hammer the rest of the way. they are about 5 1/2 feet long, I have a couple of inches sticking up, the rest is buried. I did that after one of the markers disappeared. some people like to invent their own property lines. new neighbors built a little walking path partly over my land to get to the lake. That was fine, but when the property stake vanished?

Went over yesterday. The husband was gone hunting.... but the owner/sister showed up right as I did. Good thing... the mom of the naked kid kinda flipped out.Ran off crying...The sister and I had a good talk. The mom came back after awhile when she relieved I wasn't going any where. Talked..... not sure what good it will do.... the snow will stop it for now...:laugh:

If you want to keep the kid away just tell them you are a pedophile:censure::doah: That is so wrong,but I thought it was as funny as it was sick.... But might work....lol

If you want to keep the kid away just tell them you are a pedophile:censure::doah: That is so wrong,but I thought it was as funny as it was sick.... But might work....lol
you dont gotta say all that, just go ask if they have any pictures of him in his underwear, done

now that I think about it, they let him run naked, guess they dont care

MikeBear

Just report them to the county social services. They'll take it from there. If they cared for their kid they'd have better control of him. Since they don't, sounds like it's time for somebody else to try.

Went over yesterday. The husband was gone hunting.... but the owner/sister showed up right as I did. Good thing... the mom of the naked kid kinda flipped out.Ran off crying...The sister and I had a good talk. The mom came back after awhile when she relieved I wasn't going any where. Talked..... not sure what good it will do.... the snow will stop it for now...:laugh:

FWIW, you're being one hell of a good neighbor. You're being as civil about this as you can (kudos on the self-restraint).

All you have to do to legally bar your self from responsibility from the little menace is tell the parents that you are concerned for the child's safety. Allow them to acknowledge that, make sure that they understand that (a tape recorder may be handy), and then call social services if it ever happens again.

This is a world where CYA comes first. Their kid hurts himself bumbling around on your property, YOU'RE still responsible, especially if there's what are called "attractive nuisances" which are fast & loose definitions of pretty much anything.

On top of that, the mother doesn't sound terribly stable if she just ran off crying.

Make sure you have everything documented, make sure everyone else knows what's happening. Nowadays, people are sharks.

From what it sounds like, they might not think twice about suing you if their kid decides to whack his head on a tree out there or fall in a ditch.

That is my worry..... the kid getting hurt. My house/ yard is not child proof at all. Not going to be. The main problem is the pole barn is going over by their place. More attractions for him. They have another younger child. He's not much better.:eek:ut:

Oh...and I am a kick ass neighbor.. :thumbsup::laugh: