Quick question about torque converters (Updated)

I was doing a pretrip inspection and noticed something that maybe I hadn't before.
I have a little over a quarter inch in and out play in my driven shaft. Is this normal?

The bearing spins freely, and there is no side to side movement.

Last edited:
not really, qtr inch of play is a lot. if your driven shaft moves is your drive sprocket moving too?
Not that I saw. I went back after I posted and was able to suck the play out of it. But this movement would still be in the shaft if the driven pulley were pulled off.

GKUSA wanted some pics when I asked them about it. I made a 50 second video instead. Figgered I might as well post it here.

[video=youtube_share;EzAYj534L_E]https://youtu.be/EzAYj534L_E[/video]

oh. thats not shaft play. thats just the shaft sliding in and out of the bearing. if you look at the backside you should see the shaft has a snap ring, when you tighten everything up the snap ring will be against the bearing and there wont be any movement

oh. thats not shaft play. thats just the shaft sliding in and out of the bearing. if you look at the backside you should see the shaft has a snap ring, when you tighten everything up the snap ring will be against the bearing and there wont be any movement
Ok. I are a dunce.