quiet muffler/spark arrestor

I'm looking for a quiet muffler/arrestor for my vt-10 super bronc with a tec HM100. Maybe something that could be welded on the end of a header pipe. I'm open to any suggestions as long as it's quiet.

John

Jacks small engines sells the Super Trapp for the spark arrestor side and a resonator for the noise abatement. Not cheap but nether are tickets from the BLM.
Steve :scooter:

I did find the supertrap ones but like you said, they are spendy. Have you heard one of the supertraps before? Maybe for now just a quite muffler will work.

John

Motra

Here's 5 pages of muffler choices. Stens - The Parts Company

I guess the link won't take you to the muffler section. Click on "group and catagory" then go to "engine parts - 4-cycle" then go to "mufflers/accessories."

Last edited:
on my trip to California I asked Mac to bring me a Spark Arrester Muffler And it is the Horstman-Krizman and it is a 3/4 inch male thread and is chromed and about 11 inches long. I paid a very fair price of $50.00 for it as it was like new and good chrome.
Not sure that it would be big enough for the 10 HP engine that you have. The Supper Trapp is adjustable for engine capisity just add more disk to the stack. As for the sound resonator I have never had one of them.

DZLBIKE

Steve,
What is this Horstman-Krizman you speak of? I remember Rick asking 1/2" or 3/4". I don't think I need one, but you never know!
You are a walking Thomas Register (the old school paper version of the Internet) of information, and I want to learn all I can.
Thanx!
Don

Hi Don : Way back on page 28 of the MiniBike Funday # 2 Mac put up pictures of the Horstman-Krizman part. I used to sell them in my store and they were great on the Briggs engines we used so many of.