Race Ready Box Stock Engine

affordablegokarts: Race Ready Box Stock Engine

I've got a few questions about this engine/deal.

#1. Safety: Is the flywheel on this clone high enough quality... so I don't blow myself up?

#2. Has anyone ever had any problems with these? How long can I expect it to last.

I'll probably have more questions later, for now I'm gonna catch some Zzz's.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

the flywheel should be fine but it could always let go (pretty rare for that to happen). i'd be more worried about the rod. you can get an ARC rod for $60 and it's pretty easy to swap. a billet flywheel will run you $100 and is lighter as well so the engine will rev up a bit quicker.

these motors will take a lot of abuse. you might be better off picking up a 6.5 from Harbor Freight (can get for a little over $100 when on sale) and just getting the filter/adapter and pipe from AGK. it would save you some money since you don't really need most of the BSP stuff. you can easily remove the governor yourself if you don't mind tearing into the motor a bit.

that motor doesn't come with a tank either, so if you don't have one you'll need to figure something out.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
wait....

you're saying that i might be right and MDB might be wrong? did the poles switch or something?

:thefinger:
Your right the one that comes with the billet flywheel and billet rod cost $550

I just figured from that price, and it being a ARC motor they would add the stuff on anyway.