Rear Sprocket mounting problem/question.

I have a George Barris Custom mini bike.

I need a new rear sprocket. The chain wants to keep jumping off. I thought of using a 2 piece sprocket but I would have to machine the center of the sprocket a bit larger to fit over brake drum and re-drill new holes to mount the sprocket to the existing hub

Any other ideas that would give me the option of just bolting on an off the shelf sprocket? Great site. Have been a stalker for a while.

MB165

can you get a sprocket of the same tooth count, align closely then clamp them together and drill the new holes? those wont be perfecr but close.
alternatively, I have a mill setup to do custom sprockets perfectly drilled and aligned to your hub.

Fat Boy

What size is your sprocket ?? I have several Tab Loc 4" wide wheels and these are the sprockets I am going to use they are 72 tooth , 8-3/4" in diameter , 1/8" thick and a 5" hole in center . Just curious if this is close to your sprocket size . There are two different sprockets in the picture measuements are of the sprocket on the wheel .

markus

68-69 Rupp used the same bolt pattern as the tab locs, I have a 1968 Rupp disc brake attached to my tab loc wheels. the 69' has a wider opening in the center than your current one as the rupp drum brake was bigger than the one that Republic used on those bikes.

the drilled holes for the mount bolts will need to be opened up on the Rupp sprocket though if you retain the little tabs on your wheels as Rupp did not use them.

#13833 REAR SPROCKET 72T 1969 ROADSTER, GOAT, SPRINT,70 CHOPPER, 71-72 RASCAL

1968 Rupp setup mounted on my tab locs"

Last edited: