rechomed parts

The one I speak of you send your parts to his moms house…she preps them and he does the chroming etc after work and on weekends…he did my trail horse chrome….nice people but slow….

Jon’s folks called me once and said my chrome was finished and wanted my payment info…I told them I’d be there in 4 hours and took off immediately…got there they brought out my model a parts….wrong guy, same name….so 8 hour trip for nothing….amazingly I want pissed…very curious..

bbiggs54

I

I've restored probably 20 1970s Honda motorcycles and sold and sent them throughout the world to buyers and made cash on every single one, these minibikes are just for fun, I retired at 54 and started playing for a living, But thanks for the advice. Keep on minikbikin....for fun.
5.00 an hour?

bbiggs54

Is that what you want to rechrome some parts? what's your address...
Sorry just being sarcastic. You're retired I get it, so am I. But anyone who does high quality restorations, knows it's a losing proposition if your trading time for dollars. You stated you made "cash" on every one. No more comments needed, I apologize, just stating a fact.

minibikefever

No problem, I'm only having one front fender done and will probably never have another thing done????"?, there's just no way around giving the bike a decent front chrome fender, So I was just searching for some advice on where to go, it's getting done wherever that may be ? And I've never had to rechrome anything on any honda bike I've done, I don't buy junk or bikes that are just Too far gone to begin with, so it's really a matter of finding the deals which come up here in NY on the 70s motorcycles more then the minibikes, I just pulled a set of exhaust pipes off a 71 honda SL350 that look bad but they will clean up nice when I finish them, maybe not museum quality but the bike will still turn heads when completed, the chrome on those 50 year old bikes seems to hold up alot better then any minibike chrome I've come across here in NY? Have a great 2024 to everyone that had some input, We can close this thread.........Thank you