Rescued my childhood minibike form the barn

My Dad was taking down the barn and had already collapsed the roof on it. My brother and I went gopher and dug it out. I got this in the late 60's from Agway, but I don't think it was new then. My brother and I both got one and his had different grips. they were both red with a 3.5 briggs and stratton and a foot brake.

Any idea what it is? Seat is original. it had front and back fenders (still have one).

Looks like we have a winner. When were they made? Gee a cover over the front chain sprocket...what a novel thought. That disappeared before we got them.

markus

Looks like we have a winner. When were they made? Gee a cover over the front chain sprocket...what a novel thought. That disappeared before we got them.
sensation was popping out mini bikes throughout the popular years for mini's. Usually briggs powered will mean 69 or earlier for mini bikes, if you feel that engine is original you can date the bike off the numbers on the shroud. which will be found to left of whats left of the square decal on the shroud that faces the fuel tank.

good thing about the guards they used is they are nice and simple so they can be replicated pretty easy unlike alot of other bikes :thumbsup:

good luck with it!

I'll have to soda blast the rust off to see any numbers. Definitely original motor, we had two with the same motors. Seems like the combination of alloy sensation wheels and a briggs motor makes it late 60's right? Since I am new to this (but into old cars), is there any real value to keeping it all original? I just want to make it look nice but didn't want to find out it was worth 3 times more if I left it alone.

Since I am new to this (but into old cars), is there any real value to keeping it all original? I just want to make it look nice but didn't want to find out it was worth 3 times more if I left it alone.
Welcome Jim.

Keep it original yes, after blasting off the rust, rebuilding the engine, wheels, etc.

If there was more paint on it, it'd be a different story. Still, the fact that it was your bike back in the day is neat. I'd not hesitate to restore it to new condition.

Great save Jim ! (and welcome to the OldMiniBikes).

My first mini bike was a Sensation Mike Bike...my Granddaddy bought it for me...I had a blue one, and my friend had a red one.

Hold on to it Jim. Treasure it. Restore it as you like, and share it with your friends and family !

Sensation Mike Bike put many a smile on my face.

Enjoy...

Robert C