Resurrecting Old Yeller

As matter of fact delray I did get it running. I have ridden it several times, even took it out to vintage motorcycle days at midohio. I had some trouble after the first couple time or so of running it with ignition. The coil and points screws loosened up and I lock tighted them back down. Every thing seemed good until midohio. Then she acted up again. The carb seems to run good but have trouble getting it to idle. I am thinking about a little bigger carb but haven't had time. Right in middle of selling house so not a good time.

Was that with the stock hs-style carb or the big block 8-10hp with the big bore throttle.
It was neither one there delray. It was a carb off a 7 horse snowblower which looked to be same size as HS50 carb. I am tempted to try a big bore carb though just for grins and giggles.

I forgot to mention that this thing does rip pretty good. I have it geared a little high, (original clutch sprocket was 11 teeth current one 17 on the Hillyard clutch) take off ok but she gets rolling after that.

delray

I forgot to mention that this thing does rip pretty good. I have it geared a little high, (original clutch sprocket was 11 teeth current one 17 on the Hillyard clutch) take off ok but she gets rolling after that.
that's about what they feel like with a clutch only setup. go back to the 11 tooth and a 3100 spring and that should help little. maybe even little higher stall. try the 3100 first...…...:scooter: