Rick Norris Minibike Build

Found this awesome minibike design online built by Rick Norris (Snowmangsx1100).

Project Start Date: 8/31/12

I have been working on the frame parts and putting together a parts list. I will be building the frame around a Honda GX160. Plan to use 4" wheels, 12 tooth clutch, and a 28 rear tooth drive. Brakes will be band brakes off the rear wheel assembly cause I will have to modify the crank to fit the clutch. This frame is made from 3/4" black water pipe really cool looking and very simple to build. I did make the triplates and rear wheel brackets out of some 1/8" steel plate. I will be using this as my welding course project so I will be completing this over a course of 1-2 months.

Heres a pic of where I am at:

What I'm building:

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. I really like the bikes Rick builds. His designs are simple, cheap to build, and very cool looking. He is also very more than willing to help out by providing advice and info.

If anyone is interested in building one of these search the web for snowmangsx1100 and view his vids. Check the comments section for measurements and details of his bikes. Its all there. All the info you need to build one of these COOL bikes. :bowdown: Thank you Mr. Norris!

Buckeye- It is a cross between a Lil Indian and a Taco but much smaller than the two. The original builder took elements from both bikes to design this one. Search the net for SnowmanGSX1100 videos to see the bike. It is painted yellow. Thanks for the comment.:thumbsup:

No problem. I have already asked a fair share of questions and this forum rocks with people ready to help out a fellow minibiker.

Thanks

Rick uses the black pipe as well. Its my first shot at building one so I needed something with a simple design. Its cool you mentioned its OLD SCHOOL looking cause thats what I really wanted as well. Not really able to get original old school bikes out here on Guam.

UPDATE: Will be fitting :grind: the frame and ordering parts :deal: this week. Im somewhat sold on Tweety Bird yellow for color but if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to Hollar.

Dolly Wheels?

I was planning to use Dolly wheels for my build. I found some old sturdy ones. I know though that many on here shy away from them due to the speed rating they have. Can I just change out the bearings for better quality ones and still use the tire and wheel?:shrug: