Roadster 2 front fork suspension

Working on a Hustler restoration, looking to update the build thread tonight. I am about to work on the front suspension in the forks. What would work better on getting that suspension nice and smooth? White Lithium grease or graphite?

Working on a Hustler restoration, looking to update the build thread tonight. I am about to work on the front suspension in the forks. What would work better on getting that suspension nice and smooth? White Lithium grease or graphite?
I use waterproof marine grease before I slide the plastic slider in the fork tubes to prevent rust build up inside the tubes.

Turns out I could use a little more help with this. This is a Hustler I am working on and the tube with the brake tab slides and returns just fine. However, the other tube is super tight and will depress, but not return, even with a load of grease. Should I start filing out the inside of the nylon bushing, or use sandpaper or something to remove material from the inside?

furyus

It's hanging up on something, either corrosion build-up or something is bent. My Black Widow front end did the same thing. In my case, corrosion and pitting on both the upper and lower fork was preventing it from rebounding, and lubrication barely made an improvement. Are you using new bushings? They're available from Black Widow Motorsports. Avoid re-using old, brittle bushings. You may need to sand down any pitting with some emery cloth, clean it and re-grease. Both upper and lower forks need to be super smooth and clean.

furyus

Itype2slo

Pull the bushing and heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer and spread the bushing open wide from the seam, lube it and put it back in it should be fine. they tighten up when sitting for a while

Well, I was going to get new bushings from Black Widow, but they are sold out with no current ETA on new ones. Therefore, I am now trying to work with what I have. I will use some of those suggestions and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions guys.