Rokon Trailbreaker

Smallbore

Run !!!!!!!!

found this in my area for sale they want 2000$
72 Rokon Trailbreaker
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN !
In the discription it says: "Fixed driveline instead of a sprung driveline (won't fail)" Well... what that means is the Sprag has been removed and the collets welded together. Inside the frame tube (under the tank) is an Upper & Lower drive shaft that have a big collet pinned to each end, and are face to face. These collets have a big spring (they call a Sprag) that connects the two collets together. This creates a one way clutch. The purpose of a Sprag Clutch in the drive line is so each wheel can turn at a different wheel speed. For all practical purpose it is a limited slip differential. The wheels need to turn at their independant speeds.
I currently own 4 Rokon Trail-Breakers 1968,'70,'85, and a 2007 and have been riding them for over 35 years. The Sprag system has not changed since the bike was first designed in Prototype form in 1959 and Pre Rokon as a Nethercutt back in 1963. If the same system is still being used today as used back then it can only mean one thing. DONT F WITH IT !
This seller has no clue what he is doing.
:shrug:
Sprag clutch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thats sweet how you know so much about minis, ive been trying to get a extra frame so i can ride mine with a friend but 2000 is too much lol
:thumbsup:

I agree too much money for a 1972, and the sprag clutch is made for what it does do it turns off the 2 wheel drive while your are making an over 15 degree turn and works to make you a better rider. Without it it's like driving a car without a differential.
Steve :scooter: