Running out of fuel with 15 degree mount

Fat Tony157

What's going on guys. I need some suggestions to fix an issue I created for myself on my build-off bike.

I'm running a predator 212 hemi and I had to use a 15 degree engine mount so the torque converter would clear the frame. I'm running the stock engine mounted tank. The problem now is most of the fuel sits towards the front of the tank leaving the fuel pick-up dry. If I top off the tank it runs fine but after a short amount of riding the fuel will get low enough to cause problems.

Is a custom tank my only option? If so, any suggestions for one? Has anyone ever relocated the pickup in the tank successfully? Thanks in advance

Find a way to level the tank. Where there is a will there is a way. Or run a fuel pump. Maybe by replacing the fuel line conection with one with a pick up tube inside going to the low end of the tank.

Last edited:

Fat Tony157

Find a way to level the tank. Where there is a will there is a way. Or run a fuel pump. Maybe by replacing the fuel line conection with one with a pick up tube inside going to the low end of the tank.
The tank will hit the frame before I could level it. The pick up tube isn't a bad idea though. I know I've got a fuel pump for a vanguard briggs laying around the shop somewhere. Maybe I will give that a shot. Thanks for the idea!