rupp lawnmower

Maybe not likely, but not entirely impossible. Lots of companies made limited runs of entirely different products than their normal stuff. I think I read on here that Mr. Rupp just moved back to Manfield, Oh. Maybe it's worth a call to see if it's real. If it is, it may be worth a small fortune to some Rupp nut. Even if they didn't build them themselves, they could have subcontracted to someone else and endorsed them for a promo.

Last edited:

delray

i have no clue what it is? it sure looks vintage right down the front wheels,round headlights,chrome moon rear hub caps,red metal flake paint,steering wheel,and look real close at the engine cover and air cleaner, it's chrome. i like to see what that decal reads on the chrome cover housing? i think the only thing thats not factory is the seat? looks to new?

I call BS too but again it could be possible. Rupp was famous for making fiberglass bodies for their stuff. They even made a fiberglass body kit for the 12" wheeled bikes and I've seen only 2 of those.

Every Ad on Craigs list that has anything to do with a mini or go Kart or now lawn mower Is a Rupp ,, 1 of 50 ,, Yea Right ... :eek:ut:

68 Dune Buggy Mower

That mower was not made by Rupp, but by General Liesure Company in Omaha Nebraska in the late sixties. It was a mower but also available with a small snow plow. I grew up with one and have one currently. Any idea who bought this one?

General Liesure company also built the Scat Cat mini bike. (I think thats the right name) and snow-mobiles as well.

Please let me know if anyone knows where this dune buggy went. I'm looking for the one I grew up with. I never got to see the picture on Craigslist. What color was it?

Dan

Sorry about this mis-information in my last post. General Liesure made the dune buggy and was also the maker of Arctic Cat mini-bikes and snow mobiles. So its a brother to all the arctic cat mini-bikes on this site.

Dan