Rupp Roadster replacement seat cover

Its 2-3 pleats short of an original.. I have tried other vendors.( not this one) and i have found Jim at black widow has the nicest repops fit and finish.

That seat is 1 1/2 heat pleats, not 1".
So if that's case, with the pleats being wider then should it be the same length as an original? I'm not so much concerned with originality than overall fit, I don't care if the pleats are off 'cause it's going on a beater. Just wondered if anyone here has tried this particular vendor as I see through their seller history that they've sold quite a few.

Thanks for the info guys. I don't mind putting the snaps on, and my bike is also a '70. I know the frames are a little longer (shorter?) than the '71 and up bikes, but I'm pretty sure the seat pan in the same.

capguncowboy

Don't mean to dig up a dead thread, but I had found this picture I took last year (and had forgotten all about). It shows the difference in the pleats from the original seat and the repops on Ebay. I hope that helps answer your questions

It looks like the pleats on the newer cover are 50% or so larger than the pleats on the original seat (3:2)

That works for me, as long as it fits the foam and seat pan it'll be way better than what's on there. I ordered one the other day, when I get it installed I'll post an update.

I ended up ordering the cover, and was pleasantly surprised! I wasn't expecting much for the money, but I test fitted it on a few different frames and it's a real good fit. Now if I can get the screen printing off the back without trashing it I'll be in business.
I'd definitely recommend this seat for a rider. It's not 100% correct, but for the money you can't beat it:thumbsup:

I ended up ordering the cover, and was pleasantly surprised! I wasn't expecting much for the money, but I test fitted it on a few different frames and it's a real good fit. Now if I can get the screen printing off the back without trashing it I'll be in business.
I'd definitely recommend this seat for a rider. It's not 100% correct, but for the money you can't beat it:thumbsup:
I'm glad to hear that. I have 2 old Rupps and both could use a new cover. I can buy 2 with confidence now. Thank you.

Danford1