Rupp to a wannabe dragbike

Actually, I get my assistance from a variety of sources all over the country. Most of it comes from top notch builders privately. In this case, I am talking from experience with my flathead. I have been through 3 cams and the difference is very noticeable when you change camshaft, carburetor, and fuel. As far as educating yourself, if you have good people skills, you'd be surprised how much you can learn from the masters. If you don't, then you read forum posts and written material. Not that that's bad.

Of course there is no substitute for experience though. I'm pretty new at small engines, but learning is most of the fun.
Yeah, I don't have much experience with cams myself.
I'm still running the factory camshaft that briggs put in when they built the engine.

I've been doing research for about 3 years now and I still can't decide what cam I want to get.

First I was trying to get the most lift for my money which would be the 03-SS or 94-SS from Dynocams.:shrug:

Yeah, I don't have much experience with cams myself.
I'm still running the factory camshaft that briggs put in when they built the engine.

I've been doing research for about 3 years now and I still can't decide what cam I want to get.

First I was trying to get the most lift for my money which would be the 03-SS or 94-SS from Dynocams.:shrug:
I have 94-ss. Nice cam for cruiser. Mild and no work needed to block. 107ss much better in my opinion but needs a little clearance work.

im gunna throw some orange on it. dont worry. the motor was painted to cover up the red. im going to paint the frame white, orange front end, and orange motor.

its a raptor with arc rod arc adjustable flywheel 4 deg advanced 20 over 107ss cam 26mm mikuni custom head hardend lifters 17 tooth horstman mdc 72 rear sprocket all on a light weight vintage rupp frame