Rupp to a wannabe dragbike

maddcarson

Remeber this ugly thing?? Its going to be fast, small, and still ugly when i get done with it.
Plans to turn this into a drag bike with a 10" rear wheel and a 4" up front. Yes i will get rid of the cheapass seat.

maddcarson

Your sons bike is what gave me the idea. Not trying to copy your sons bike but damn that thing is cool. do you still have the leg pipe that he used to have on it?

Your sons bike is what gave me the idea. Not trying to copy your sons bike but damn that thing is cool. do you still have the leg pipe that he used to have on it?
By all means copy. Everyone who rides it says it rides like a Cadillac at high speeds. I think the front suspension and the tire size helps a lot with the stability of the bike.
Leg pipe?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It's gonna take some work to get it there, but you can. Next thing is the engine build, and how much power do you plan on sticking between the frame rails?

maddcarson

Heres what i have done so far.

The muffler is messed up so that it will fit:hammer::thumbsup:. Neighbors are now starting to come out to my face and bi:censure:

My rear axle also serves as my rear pegs:eek:ut::thumbsup:

I also fixed my MIKUNI and found a filter. :thumbsup:

And i have my cheap way of a slight front end drop.:thumbsup:

maddcarson

my wheels came in today. American powersports sent me a tube that has a leaking valve stem. all ready tried to tighten the stem but it didnt work. Hes how it looks an im thinking about moving up to a 5 inch tri-star for up front. the 4 inch looks to small.

looking pretty cool where did you get that rear tire and rim i see them on alot of peoples bikes but could never find them i looked the the power sports site that you talked about but could'nt fine them.

Just curoius why you would go for such a tall and obviously heavier tire/wheel in the back. It will be tough to get the gearing where you will need it I would think?:shrug:

maddcarson

because it looks good. Its not all about speed for me. i like some speed probley gunna aim for 50mph. other than that i would like it to be a loud choppy sounding SOB. plus im going to add some suspension