ruttman washer

Joe, I believe that pic is the same one that Kyle is selling. I'd love to know about the seat bolts because my Dad has a washer frame Ruttman I'd like to redo as nice as possible.
I've proven time and time again that just because a brochure doesn't show it, doesn't mean it wasn't built that way. I don't have experience with the Ruttmans so I can't comment.
Kyle builds a nice bike hands down. It's his to ask what he wants for it and that's that.

The grips look different so I wasn't sure. I'm just saying its worth asking the question rather than trolling someone's auction.

What does your Dad's frame have?

Last edited:
Wow... How DARE I challenge your opinion!! Terribly sorry...except allow me to show you why I questioned it so you can set me straight.

First, I have no idea how long you've been into this hobby or how you've accumulated all your knowledge on the subject. If you are Troy Ruttman himself or so heavily associated with the original company that you really are the absolute authority, then fine. Otherwise, how can you claim to know how every one of these bikes left the assembly line? Most minibikes were such a basicly designed, poorly documented products, with mid-year changes, test variations, mismatched options, etc, that knowing every single variation is near impossible, even if you've owned one of every year/model that they made. Have you owned every single one made? Were you the QC guy there and examined every piece off the line?!?! I've spoken to the guys at Allied Leisure on this trend with Lil Indians and to this day, they still find genuine variations from Lil Indian that they haven't seen. That includes an early Lil Indian with seat holes through the frame, just like this.THEY OWN THE COMPANY AND THEY STILL DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING. BETTER YET, THEY ARE WILLING TO ADMIT IT.

Secondly, I looked at the Ruttmans in the pics section and low and behold, look closely at the upper frame tubes on this lovely Ruttman Washer in there:

I do believe I see the chrome or zinc head of a bolt poking down from under the tube, or it sure looks like it. I thought they may be the same bike, but the grips are different. Its easier to see if you go to the full sized version. It's at least looks enough like it and both bikes look nice enough, that who knows? Maybe its just a common hack job done on these, but why do a nice resto everywhere else but hack the frame on the seat? Just seams odd to me.

I may be wrong, but I think its worth asking the question. Its kind of unfair to bash some guys auction and call it a hack job and go off on me as a "History Re-Writer for merely posing the question. This kind of stuff is why I meet guys that love mini's but won't join this site, because they don't want to deal with the bashing, or they get it right after they join.

The greatest fool is the man that believes he knows everything.
I dont need to stick my finger in poop to know it stinks....so rant away. And bashing isn't defined as the truth. You might wanna think about that. And I have been dealing with these for 30 plus years now...to answer your question. Not like you and or others that just popped in and think they know it all in a couple years. CAUSE I LEARN SOMETHING NEW ON HERE EVERY DAY.

No fabricator worth a damn would through bolt an item made from tubing unless it was the only other way like for assembly, such as the assembly of a light duty item that needs to fit in a box. Though bolting takes away from the structural integrity of the frame tubing and I do not believe for a second Ruttman did this. The Ebay bike is nice, the engine alone would bring crazy as would the wheels so I will not criticize the price too much. I do not restore minibikes because it's not profitable, I'm way ahead $ wise in this hobby and it's because I simply spruce up the ones I sell. I do have a few minis and trail scooters that I have more money in than they would likely bring but I plan to keep them and know for a fact they would be sold at a loss. I buy and sell the others to finance such builds so I am not out of pocket in the end.:thumbsup:

its over priced....:hammer:
Nah, you weren't bashing at all. I wasn't claiming to know it all, you were. You completely missed what I was trying to say, but forget it.

Your Right, I'm wrong. Go enjoy being right and all the privileges that come with it.

Kyle - Its a nice bike and I hope you get what you want for it, even if Cheezy says its an overpriced hack job.

Nah, you weren't bashing at all. I wasn't claiming to know it all, you were. You completely missed what I was trying to say, but forget it.

Your Right, I'm wrong. Go enjoy being right and all the privileges that come with it.

Kyle - Its a nice bike and I hope you get what you want for it, even if Cheezy says its an overpriced hack job.
That's all you got Pumkin? Obviously you missed the point. Before you cut into another member...do your homework. and at least try to sound some what educated in what you say. And don't be the pot calling the kettle black. And for the record...this wasn't Kyle's add on here. So it is open season. :asshole: