Ruttman What

I just got this and I found a home for my Clinton 2 stroke. The fellow thought it was a horny toad but I'm not sure? Looking through literature I think the toad had 5 inch wheels and this has the Ruttman 6 inche. Heck I'm not even sure it's a Ruttman? But I do know the wheels are.
Here is a few pics. And a few with my Clinton on it just to see how it fits in proportion to the bike size. It's a very small bike. As you can see from the one shot with the Charger in the background and the right side view with the Wards in the background.
This will be project #845786:doah:

So is it a Ruttman? and if so is it a Horny Toad?

All ads that I have are in black and white:doah: The 69 and 70 Christmas Books list them as #'s. Well either way? It don't matter. I'll get around too it. I'm second guessing using the Clinton? It leaves that big space between the Jug and the top tube. Maybe I'll mock a round tank in that space and see how it looks? But I have got to get Al's bike going first:smile:

Hi randy,your Ruttman is most likely a Wild Goose,the wheels are correct,but were actually made by Lil Indian for the Ruttman's,Lil Indian also used them.Lil Indian also made the 4 inch version in which they only used them.A good way to tell that your bike originally had 6 inch wheels,is the kick stand,the 4 inch wheel bikes had a much shorter kickstand and that frame would not allow 6 inch wheels without falling over when parked.The only other option with the Ruttman's,is that the frames could also be bought separately and built up to your likeing.There is also a small chance your bike could be a Toad,the later Ruttman's all had the 6 inch 4 spoke mags.I have a brochure showing this.The Toad wouldn't have fenders,but would still have the fender brackets.I hope this helps you out Randy.:smile::smile:

Last edited:
Hi randy,your Ruttman is most likely a Wild Goose,the wheels are correct,but were actually made by Lil Indian for the Ruttman's,Lil Indian also used them.Lil Indian also made the 4 inch version in which they only used them.A good way to tell that your bike originally had 6 inch wheels,is the kick stand,the 4 inch wheel bikes had a much shorter kickstand and that frame would not allow 6 inch wheels without falling over when parked.The only other option with the Ruttman's,is that the frames could also be bought separately and built up to your likeing.There is also a small chance your bike could be a Toad,the later Ruttman's all had the 6 inch 4 spoke mags.I have a brochure showing this.The Toad wouldn't have fenders,but would still have the fender brackets.I hope this helps you out Randy.:smile::smile:
Great Info:thumbsup: Is there a date on that brochure??

Yours is the first info or ad that shows the folding pegs like this one has! What is your info dated? All the 69-70 stuff I have showed a solid bar welded across the front of the down tubes.

Randy....fold up footpegs are the later models.

I concur, Did you see Al's bike in the back ground?
I'll PM MINI-MATIC about the date on his info. I like this bike. Could you imagine that small bike with my Clinton spinning that 54 tooth cog about 7500RPM down the open road with a 100 lbs. kid on it. I bet it would keep up with the traffic????????????