RVing/Camping with Mini Bikes

How many of you take a mini bike camping with you at campgrounds/Rv parks? Do you ever have parks tell you no? I am not talking about off road riding, just about getting around the campground.

I know that State Parks require all vehicles to be plated. I am more interested in private parks.

I don't know about private campgrounds, just check with them, probably OK. State parks and federal parks, I don't bother to take it, just asking for trouble, but you already know that.

minibike insurance?:laugh:

Yes Thats right Iowa has insurance laws . My mini bikes are licensed and insured as motorcycles and costs me just under 400.00 a year for three minibikes and one snowmobile heres a couple of them :thumbsup: they charge 10.00 a year for plates

nice rupps, i plan on getting a plate for my harley shortster dont think ill need insurance tho, dont you need a battery box and a battery for the lights to be completely legal? otherwise the lights and horn only work when your on the throttle

Yes Thats right Iowa has insurance laws . My mini bikes are licensed and insured as motorcycles and costs me just under 400.00 a year for three minibikes and one snowmobile heres a couple of them :thumbsup: they charge 10.00 a year for plates
I'm sure every state in the union has an insurance liability requirement. (Or bond) In CA where the guy you're busting on hails from, OHV's require no insurance, just like your state.

Obviously, a camp ground can do little to keep out licensed motorcycles from operating on the roadways in private campgrounds.

You pay an awful lot for registration and insurance.

I'm sure every state in the union has an insurance liability requirement. (Or bond) In CA where the guy you're busting on hails from, OHV's require no insurance, just like your state.

Obviously, a camp ground can do little to keep out licensed motorcycles from operating on the roadways in private campgrounds.

You pay an awful lot for registration and insurance.

I wasn't busting on anyone :shrug: not sure how you mean that ??

You can get three motorcycles and a snowmobile insured in Arizona cheaper than 87.00 for each motorcycle and 100.00 for snowmobile for a year ?? and plates cheaper than 10.00 a year ?? 47.00 registration on the snowmobile .

I wasn't busting on anyone :shrug: not sure how you mean that ??

You can get three motorcycles and a snowmobile insured in Arizona cheaper than 87.00 for each motorcycle and 100.00 for snowmobile for a year ?? and plates cheaper than 10.00 a year ?? 47.00 registration on the snowmobile .
Was refering to your comment "Yes Thats right Iowa has insurance laws " because insurance for ON road vehicles is required everywhere.

LOL, not like a lot of us are rolling with snow mobiles...My 67 Dodge plates cost 27 per year. A bit more for my Ford 4X4 and the other vehicles. Liability on all 4 per year is less than 200 dollars total. Comp on Dodge is more, but that's through a Collector Car co.

Here, we can get a on/off road plate for everything. No inspections, and full use of road and off road. Requires a serial number on the frame, or if missing, the Cops will issue one. Then a title, tags and registration. Cost depends on year.

I could title, register and ride any of my mini bikes in other words on public roads. However, with so many hotrods, sand rails, and the like, unless you're riding on the sidewalk through the tourist area, or speeding, no one really cares. It's a good place for those dicey vehicles, and race cars and hot rods that don't pass the muster in neighboring California.

I found it odd that IA mandated head and tail lamps for OHV's.

Was refering to your comment "Yes Thats right Iowa has insurance laws " because insurance for ON road vehicles is required everywhere.

LOL, not like a lot of us are rolling with snow mobiles...My 67 Dodge plates cost 27 per year. A bit more for my Ford 4X4 and the other vehicles. Liability on all 4 per year is less than 200 dollars total. Comp on Dodge is more, but that's through a Collector Car co.

Here, we can get a on/off road plate for everything. No inspections, and full use of road and off road. Requires a serial number on the frame, or if missing, the Cops will issue one. Then a title, tags and registration. Cost depends on year.

I could title, register and ride any of my mini bikes in other words on public roads. However, with so many hotrods, sand rails, and the like, unless you're riding on the sidewalk through the tourist area, or speeding, no one really cares. It's a good place for those dicey vehicles, and race cars and hot rods that don't pass the muster in neighboring California.

I found it odd that IA mandated head and tail lamps for OHV's.

My comment has been taken wrong because thats not how it was meant , sorry about that . I guess I never checked other states insurance laws to see what they do have . Your insurance is free compared to ours :laugh:
35.00 is the cheapest plate fee cars get and 50.00 for pickups and anything newer than five years old are 200 - 500.00 a year depending on what it is and cost when new . Then we get to pay 5% tax on every vehicle transfered plus 25.00 new title transfer fee and 20.00 title fee for the title . Ya we pay alot :eek:ut:

HOLY CRAP... One nice thing about living in noweher... You can't be liable for a car wreck when nobody is around.. :laugh:

In Michigan I know, and probably most other highly populated areas.. you're lucky to insure anything for WELL under 100 per MONTH...

I mean cheap as you can go on a 87 S-10 is 60 - 80 per month..

New charger?? :shrug: Ehh lets just call that 265 per month.. :glare:

HOLY CRAP... One nice thing about living in noweher... You can't be liable for a car wreck when nobody is around.. :laugh
:thumbsup: Personal responsibility is a big deal here. More tricked out cars and hot rods than anywhere else in the nation per capita, and more guns in homes, cars, and everywhere else keeps the crime down. That keeps insurance rates down too.

One of many things we like out here. Personal freedom isn't for everyone. :wink: .

the dmv will try to burn you every chance they get here in cali, my dad had to pay 1200 buks for registration on his truck since it was out a few years, an when we tried to register the non opped hot rod they said they didnt have it in the system cus its been too long so we had to start over:doah:

Cali is horrible for everything.. :laugh: I know people that moved out here "Mexican Visitors" :laugh: to do drywall work..

make like 600 per week... Mail 3,500 per week back to Cali for their child support.. :facepalm:

Two kids.. I guess thats about rite.. Mom pays 3,500 per week, dad pays 3,500 per week.. we can afford to make sure they got food and clothes..

Lobster testicles 5 times a day, new gold dipped shoes twice a day.. :facepalm:

Regardless of the size of your bike, it's worth the money to get a license plate if you can.

When I was a kid, my dad would usually let me bring my mini when we went camping. Sometimes I could ride it in the campground, sometimes not, but I'd always do it until someone told me to stop. We almost always stayed in state campgrounds. The private campgrounds in this part of the country tend to be more residential in nature, sort of like the work camp in "The Grape of Wrath". One time we stayed at a resort on a reservation, and the tribal police were on us in a heartbeat. My dad wasn't an enthusiastic rider, but he tolerated my obsession. He rigged up his boat trailer to bring bikes if the boat stayed home. If the boat came along, he'd stuff the mini somewhere else on the load. Here it is on the back of his '67 Fury on our trip to Oregon's Warm Springs Reservation, just before or after the police arrived.

As a grownup, I've found that having a license plate on my dirt bike is about the best thing ever. I've been able to ride far off the pavement in National Parks, across the Mojave Desert and other places, too. It's always a mix of pavement, dirt roads and trails. Can't do any of those trips on a regular old dirt bike anymore. We no longer stay in campgrounds. In the west you can pretty much just go into the far reaches of BLM or USFS or state forest lands and set up camp.