Sad story

With the rules of succession kind of in limbo right now the next king or queen of Canada already has something to be sad about.

What I find most repuslive is a young lady taking her own live over a phone call and foolish prank.
This would have been funny had no one been harmed.

But thats not the way it played out.

World is all messed up.
This lady should have never ended her life over a prank call and baby.

Death of U.K. hospital nurse strengthens call for new privacy laws - The Globe and Mail

Privacy and respect.
Sure seem to be in short suply these days/

Last edited:
I saw that when I logged into my yahoo email today, it's a shame. People don't seem to think about the consequences to their actions.

Bikerscum

It's a tragedy no question.

But, I have to ask...

You call me & ask if I have Prince Albert in a can. I say yes, & you say let him out!

I off myself. You're the bad guy?

At some point the word nutjob may have to enter the story.

But, I have to ask...

You call me & ask if I have Prince Albert in a can. I say yes, & you say let him out!

Well it all comes down to politics......
I make fun of senile Ronald Reagan and post something showing his nurse changing his diaper and she says he likes baby talk.

Nurse who is deaply efected by and concerned by this because she takes her job serious and deaply admired the man before he lost his marbles 9 maybe she thinks its Nancy or one of his kids she is talking too on the phone).

Is she a nut because she accidently told the world he is so far gone?

Is she a nutter because maybe she realizes her screw up is a carreer ender and from now on she will be remmbered at that nurse?

Makes you think doesn't it?

Upon further thought....
If you have prince Albert in a can.
Is he finely powdered?

Could we do a couple lines of of him?
Is he salt shaker grade?

Bad taste all around eh?
And not only is he some one I had to look up.
I am rather indifferent too and still I find my own comment mildly offencesive.
Not worth dying over however as you say.....

Difference is he's been dead a long time, was never a head of state and no one realy cared for him except queen victoria me thinks

Last edited:
They don't know for sure if it was suicide because of a stupid radio gag or not at this time.
I really hope it wasn't a suicide, nothing funny about that.

No its not political.

Make someone look like an arse and its just enough in some cases to push them over the edge.
Like this young lady.....
Someone saw her boobies and made a picture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXQ99-fuHP4
As a father myself and concerned person in general I find the idea of mass media and it ability to ruin lives very scary.

bottom Line....prankster dipped deep into the trough of bad taste to accomplish his goals, the repercussion is tragic, blame rides solely on the media fool(s)....

Oldsalt

Come on NOS! As a studied and loyal subject of the Queen you, of all people, should see through all the media BS about why she committed sewer-pipe. Being 'fooled' was certainly not the reason.

I'm quite certain you know that the ONLY correct term of address to the Queen [in speaking] is: "Your Majesty" is [initially] the first words. Only thereafter in the conversation could she have properly address the Queen with "Ma'am". She blew it badly. She did not initially use the term "Your Highness"; I know you would have [In my mind's eye I can see you bowing to the wall as you talked on the phone].

Makes no difference if it was not, in fact, the Queen on the phone. Think about it! What a scandal it would have been if it REALLY HAD BEEN the Queen! She later realized how close she had come to damaging the very material of which England and the Colonies [such as Canada] are structured! Self destruction was the only avenue left open to her as atonement for her horrible and inexcusable oversight.

Come on NOS! As a studied and loyal subject of the Queen you, of all people, should see through all the media BS about why she committed sewer-pipe. Being 'fooled' was certainly not the reason.

I'm quite certain you know that the ONLY correct term of address to the Queen [in speaking] is: "Your Majesty" is [initially] the first words. Only thereafter in the conversation could she have properly address the Queen with "Ma'am". She blew it badly. She did not initially use the term "Your Highness"; I know you would have [In my mind's eye I can see you bowing to the wall as you talked on the phone].

Makes no difference if it was not, in fact, the Queen on the phone. Think about it! What a scandal it would have been if it REALLY HAD BEEN the Queen! She later realized how close she had come to damaging the very material of which England and the Colonies [such as Canada] are structured! Self destruction was the only avenue left open to her as atonement for her horrible and inexcusable oversight.
I don't think I could be called a loyal subject of the queen.

After all I set bonfires on Nov5 and engage in class warefare remember lol ?

More news out on it today.
Turns out the lady was from India.
Is there a cultural component?
Did she love her royal family?

I still think she was hounded by some people for it.

Oldsalt

November 5th is Guy Faulks Day? Is that the correct day for bonfires in the ex-empire countries? I should not be making light of a person so distressed, for whatever reason, that they take their own life. However, the news report did indicate a certain lack of decorum in speaking to the Queen. You ask: "Did she love her royal family". I would like to believe she did. I have respect but can't say love. Them British are the folks that designed and built the Merlin engines; they gotta be good people for that fact alone.

Also probably shouldn't play light and fast about you being a Loyal Subject of the Crown; it didn't even piss you off.

But, I have to ask...

I totally agree.... you can't stop doing everything just cuz some unhinged person will take it the wrong way.

November 5th is Guy Faulks Day? Is that the correct day for bonfires in the ex-empire countries? I should not be making light of a person so distressed, for whatever reason, that they take their own life. However, the news report did indicate a certain lack of decorum in speaking to the Queen. You ask: "Did she love her royal family". I would like to believe she did. I have respect but can't say love. Them British are the folks that designed and built the Merlin engines; they gotta be good people for that fact alone.

Also probably shouldn't play light and fast about you being a Loyal Subject of the Crown; it didn't even piss you off.
I don't mind if you do play fast and loose with the royal family.

I am a Canadian and to be honest with you a Monarchy is for all intensive practical purposes the simpliest and most expediant way to keep a functioning English style parlimentary system up and running. One less thing to worry about with a figuere head " head of state ".

The alternative is a President....
Something I want even less than a King.

I wonder how the USA might be different if your two houses of goverment with input from the state levels of govermernt appointed a President with very limited power.
A rubber stamper who role was only to ensure goverment functioned as intended and followed the rules of law rather than actively participate in the drama this is politics.
Interesting thought eh?

A king or queen is nothing to kill yourself or others over is it lol?
God Save The Queen - The Sex Pistols - YouTube