saw kickback vs thumb

buckeye

Yeah, some xrays are diacom or something like that and you have to have a special program downloaded in your computer.
Just by looking at it, I would bet, the distal or end of the bone is exposed and it is almost certainly fractured,"broken" to at least the first joint.
Just have a stubby finger by about to where the end of the nail is now or maybe just a bit shorter depending on where the fracture is and how much bone they have to remove.
But, then again, they may just clean it up real good in the office and close it. Done that befor too.
You try to save as much viable tissue as you can.
Keep us updated and good luck tomorrow.

Yes that looks like it smarts.....
Hopefuly there is not imparement of your thumb when the healing is done.

I try and plan things three steps in advance.
95% of OOPS are avoided this way

rmm727

SawStops aren't expensive for what you get. Actually they are cheaper than a comparable Powermatic. I've had one at work since 2009. 3hp Professional Cabinet Saw with the 50-52" table.

I watched a SawStop demo live at a conference with the hotdog on a piece of wood. It is pretty crazy to see in action.

here it is, a week later:

the only thing i'm worried about is the print area; looks whiter than i like. hope i don't lose any more finger. i am a diabetic.......

Same color as the skin on the top of your finger. I wouldn't worry unless it turns red...
thank you. i change the dressing at least 2 times a day so i keep an eye on it.
Kinda wondering what that nails going to do.
was told it might try to curl around but i think that depends on how thick it get on top.
that just looks SO PAINFUL. It hurts me just looking at it. I wish you a speedy recovery!
thanks. not painful now unless it gets bumped pretty hard.

Itype2slo

Did you say chop saw with a metal cut off blade? If so they are brutal. I put one on a skill saw to cut down a swing set. It kicked back a few times scared the shit out of me I finished it off with a fire axe. Don't screw with those cut off blades:no: