Sea Sick - Just had to post this

Superflea - I didn't notice you were in Newport before. I've been there and loved it. Went deep sea fishing and got sick as hell! My wife caught all the fish while I laid on the bench.
Did not want to post in the other thread, but had a story I wanted to share.

My first trip to Sea was about 24 years ago and the day before the skipper asked if I got sea sick. Told him I did not know this would be my first time at sea. He said eat a tin of beetroot before we go out to sea tomorrow morning.

Woke up felt great flattened a tin of beetroot - actually like the stuff.
Go to sea and am throwing up all over the place within 30 min. I said to the Skipper I thought you said the beetroot would stop me from getting sick.

He looked at me and smiled and said- I never said it would stop you from being sick.
So I asked then why did you tell me to eat a whole tin.

He winked and said , because it makes it look a pretty pink color in the water :repuke:

HA! After 18 years at sea, I still love a practical joke! At least you did not have to look for the mail buoy or get him 50 feet of water line......

buckeye

I live in a area where deep sea fishing is availiable. I work with a Doc that has a couple of boats and has asked me several times to go fishing.
I have had to deny his requests. I got sick one time just standing in a stream with water running past my feet.
And to think I was in the Navy for 4 years. never had ship duty, thank God.
That is one funny story Uncle Tank.:laugh:

Flying into a remote lake high in the north woods.
It think it was an old twinn otter.

Nyhow the flight was rough and I was turning green from my first flight in a real bush plane.

UP... DOWN... side to side......
Then nose up and cut power to land.
Drop like a rock in a pond onto that little lake where we would set up the drill.

The pilot looked at me and said puke in your boot or you never get on my plan again.

I was OK after that though.
I adjusted too it but I was sure I was never going to like it.

if they ever hand you a bucket tied to a rope and tell you they need some "prop wash" to clean off the spare props ... don't do it, you just ending up looking like an a-hole :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Daniel
I have a story I'd like to share with all.. Not about fishing or being on a boat on the open sea but its funny..
I was a young lad of all of 18 yrs old fresh out of high school and at my first duty station fresh out of US Navy boot camp..
My battalion MCB 71 was deployed to Antarctica's MC Murdo sound installing 2 500KW generators.. One of the crew I forget which one turned to me and said we need a sky hook...I said ok where do you want me to go to get this sky hook? he says try the machine shop and if they don't have it keep looking until you find one..
I searched for hours trudging thru the snow on my quest for this sky hook..
Finally gaving up, exhausted I returned telling the rest of the crew I could not find a sky hook anywhere...They all bust out laughing and well you know the rest of the story:laugh: